I want to know what’s really lighting your fire right now and getting you excited about busting out those brushes and painting yo’ face, girl.
Here are some of the things currently lighting my fire…
- Foundation that looks like real skin. Vacation skin, basically, and skin that looks slightly dewy. I’ve been using MAC Face & Body to get something like that all summer, but I’ve heard great things about Armani’s foundations, so I think a trip to one of their counters is in order very soon.
- Anything brow related that keeps brows looking natural. I saw a pic of myself and a friend the other day from 2007, and HOLY WOW! My brows were so thin and blocked out that you couldn’t even see any of the individual hairs. Oh, well… I guess it was the style at the time.
- Minimal makeup. I think you’re tired of me talking about this. 🙂
- Haven’t been contouring much lately, whereas I was a lot last summer. See: the whole minimal makeup thing.
- I’m into not washing my hair… LOL! Dry shampoo all the way.
- I’m into finding the ultimate under-eye concealer. I’ve been using MAC Pro Longwear for a really long time and have been, for the most part, happy with it, but my under-eye situation has been more dry lately than it used to be, and Pro Longwear just looks dry on me now. (And I can’t stand the pump.)
- I’m into eye makeup that doesn’t require, like, eight eyeshadows. I want to get the effect of a super complicated eye look but with three eyeshadows, max.
OK, maybe four.
- I’m also into matte eyeshadows in the crease. I think it just looks more defined.
- I’m into a brow bone highlight that isn’t too shimmery or frosty.
Just for something different, you know, changing of the times.
- I’m into accent nails. That way I’m not forced to pick one single color to wear.
That would be too cruel.
How about you? What are you into makeup-wise, like, REALLY into, right now?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,