You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- If you were an instrument in a symphony, which instrument would you be?
I’d really want to be a cello, because the cello is kind of moody, but there’s still a sweet sadness to it.
But I’d probably end up being a piccolo… They’re small, and sprightly, and high pitched, and you really can’t ignore ’em.
- Have you ever driven or been a passenger in a motor home?
Driving a motorhome is basically my nightmare, so no to the driving! — but yes to being a passenger. My parents had one, and when I was a teenager they went through this phase where they wanted to drive all over the United States with the whole family in it.
I just remember the constant motion in that enclosed space and not being able to get out FOR HOURS. Needless to say, I listened to my Walkman a lot.
- How do you feel about psychics and fortune tellers? Have you ever been to one?
I’m open to the possibility that there are legit people out there with psychic abilities.
The only time I’ve been to a psychic was when I was working at a law firm. I was in my early 20s, and the office I worked for did this fun thing where they’d hire a bunch of psychics, and then all of the employees would go to them.
The first thing the lady said to me when I walked in was, “You’re not meant to do this.” LOL! She was talking about me someday becoming a lawyer.
Yeah, deep down, I already knew that…but it was nice having her confirm it.
- What was your best (and worst) job interview or audition?
Not to toot my own horn, but I usually do OK in interviews. People tell me I can be quite charming (when I’m not driving them crazy).
As for my worst interview ever? Well, it didn’t start off badly, but it got there in a hurry. It was for a job as a legal assistant in a building’s basement with no windows. I just remember being taken down there and seeing these stacks of documents up to the ceiling and hearing a menacing hum, like some force was telling me to stay away. I don’t know if the hum was from the air conditioning or just the building itself, but I couldn’t breathe! It was terrible.
I did not take that job, by the way.
- If you could hang out with the teenage characters in any movie or TV show, which show or movie would it be?
Gilmore Girls! Rory and Lane, the early years.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. If you were an instrument in a symphony, which instrument would you be?
2. Have you ever driven or been a passenger in a motorhome?
3. How do you feel about psychics and fortune tellers? Have you ever been to one?
4. What was your best (and worst) job interview or audition?
5. If you could hang out with the teenage characters in any movie or TV show, which show or movie would it be?
What’s the recipe for a good Monday? For me, it usually involves getting a good night’s sleep, waking up to a fresh pot of coffee, and then saying hi and doing the Monday Poll with you. So, hi, and good morning! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,