You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Super skinny ’90-style brows: love ’em or leave ’em?
OMG, I just can’t. I rocked them for many, many years, and I thought they were pretty great at the time, but these are different days, my friend.
When I look back at those old pictures of myself, I think (in my best pirate voice), “Yargh! Ye should’a left well enough alone, Karen.”
- Would you rather have breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast?
Easy one. Nine times out of 10, breakfast foods for dinner, although I will occasionally get an urge for cold pizza in the morning…and when that happens, The Beast can’t be denied.
The Beast — otherwise known as my goat stomach. El Hub says that because he’s amazed at what I can/will eat. 🙂
- What’s the maximum number of rings you’ll wear on a single finger?
My mom — I kid you not — will wear, like, six or seven bling-encrusted rings on one finger. She’s a baller like that.
But my max is two. My wedding and engagement rings.
I do like the look of stacked rings, though, like four or five rings stacked on top of each other, but I can’t personally do it. With all the rings twisting and turning all the time, it drives me nuts.
I’m more of a bracelet/cuff person anyway.
- What’s one thing people commonly fear, but that you’re unafraid of?
I’d say heights. I have no problem with heights.
Dark confined spaces, however…
- Red lips + (FILL IN THE BLANK) = Heaven
Red lips + cat eyeliner and a pair of leopard-print shoes = Heaven
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Super skinny ’90-style brows: love ’em or leave ’em?
2. Would you rather have breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast?
3. What’s the maximum number of rings you’ll wear on a single finger?
4. What’s one thing people commonly fear, but that you’re unafraid of?
5. Red lips + (FILL IN THE BLANK) = Heaven
Couple things… First, this is how Tabs feels about Mondays:
Second, this quote from Karl Lagerfeld totally cracks me up every time I’m about to reach for a pair of black stretchy pants…
“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
— Karl Lagerfeld
Oh, Karl. You so crazy! I will always think of you whenever I get this close to buying a legit pair of Pajama Jeans. 🙂
On that note, I hope you’re having a wonderful Monday so far.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. That picture at the top is from yesterday in the Presidio in San Francisco right in front of the Walt Disney Museum. I’ll show you some of the pics I took a little later… It was a very inspirational day.