You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Spam (as in the canned “meat”): love it or leave it?
Ugh…as much as I hate to admit this, I kind of love it. 🙂 Not gonna lie. Even though I’m not a big meat eater anymore, sometimes I crave eggs over easy, fried Spam, rice and ketchup. I grew up eating that kind of thing for breakfast (it’s a Filipino thing), and occasionally I’ll still get a hankering for it.
- Love smells like [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
- El Hub right after he gets out of the shower and gives me a big bear hug
- My parents’ house at Christmas
- Tabby’s stinky kitty breath first thing in the morning
- Have you ever had really terrible bangs?
Well, I was a tween in the late ’80s, so yes, I have. And they were TERRIBLE! They looked like a Brillo pad that someone had just used to clean a BBQ, LOL!
No matter how hard I tried, I could never get them to look the way I wanted them to — like the big haired bangs all the cool girls had at my school.
Not my best hair years, that’s for sure.
- When you take selfies, do you ever make those kissy/fish faces?
I’ve tried a few times, but I must be doing something wrong with my kissy fish face looks because, yeah, not cute.
- Do you ever see wild animals where you live?
OOH! Wild animals… Sounds so primeval. No, no lions, tigers, bears and that sort of thing, but we do see coyotes, raccoons, squirrels, foxes, turkeys, deer and the occasional bunny rabbit.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Spam (as in the canned meat): love it or leave it?
2. Love smells like [FILL IN THE BLANK].
3. Have you ever had really terrible bangs?
4. When you take selfies, do you ever make those kissy/fish faces?
5. Do you ever see wild animals where you live?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. It’s back-to-school week, isn’t it? If you’re currently in school, what are you studying? I was sort of a confused academic soul. I studied two totally different things, English and Biology.
My folks wanted me to be a scientist or doctor, but I was more into artsy stuff… Go figure. 🙂