You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you have a fussy cowlick, or is there another part of your hair that always misbehaves, no matter what?
Yes! I have these mischievous little baby gremlin hairs at my temples that jut out in different directions. I’ve tried imposing my will on them using heat and industrial-strength products but nothing works.
I’ve given up… Now I just let them have their way.
- Have you ever had your body painted?
You know, I can’t say that I have. An opportunity has never arisen for that, but I would like to get my hands done with henna someday. My friend did it for her wedding, and I thought it looked really cool.
- If you could sing a duet with a famous singer (living or dead), whom would it be?
Ooh, good one. I think it would have to be MJ during the Off The Wall era, circa 1979. We’d sing Rock With You while a laser light show played behind us.
That would be rad.
Or I’d go with David Lee Roth, circa his mid-’80s, spandex-wearing, high-kicking era, just ’cause that would be SO weird.
- Have you ever worn one of those thick terry cloth bathrobes, like the kind they have in hotels?
Yes! I got one as a gift once and it’s AWESOME. It always feels like a spa day when I wear it, like I should be drinking cucumber water in a recliner and listening to Enya (even when I’m sitting on my living room floor and painting my toenails).
- If you have a pet, have they ever seriously destroyed/shredded the crap out of something that was deemed off limits?
Oh, don’t get me started on Tabs and the stairs!
When we moved into this condo a few years ago, the carpeting was a heavily stained Golden Girls ’80s mauve, so we got it re-carpeted. Shortly thereafter, Tabs decided that the carpeted stairs would be his personal scratching posts, and so now the bottom three stairs are practically threadbare.
I’ve never been able to get him to stop, and I swear that he does it when he knows he can’t get scolded, like when I’m upstairs in bed or out of the house.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Do you have a fussy cowlick, or is there another part of your hair that always misbehaves, no matter what?
2. Have you ever had your body painted?
3. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer (living or dead), whom would it be?
4. Have you ever worn one of those thick terry cloth bathrobes, like the kind they have in hotels?
5. If you have a pet, have they ever seriously destroyed/shredded the crap out of something that was deemed off limits?
Monday, babe. Aaand we’re back. 🙂
So, interesting articles this week. Here’s one I found yesterday that I thought you might like. It’s about visualization — in this case, specifically visualizing yourself at this moment, as if you’ve already accomplished whatever you’re working on.
They use a running analogy.
“When you first begin any endeavor, if you believe yourself to be behaving like someone who has already accomplished the task would behave, you set the challenge up as a simpler task. As Cain describes it: the task won’t be like running uphill, it will still involve running (in a sense) but it will feel like a downhill jaunt. To reach that point you simply need to visualize yourself behaving in the way that your ideal self would behave.”
Very cool idea. I’m gonna actively try it this week.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,