You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- We’re starting an ’80s cover band. What instrument would you like to play?
Maracas! And I’ll do backup vocals.
Oh, you want me to sing lead? OK, twist my arm.
- Do you have any family members in the service?
Not right now that I can think of, but my dad was in the Navy.
- What was the biggest mess/trouble you ever got into as a kid?
I was such a goody two-shoes, so I didn’t really do anything that bad on the scale of big trouble, but looking back I kind of wish that I had.
One time in elementary school a friend and I found this huge spare tire in her backyard, and there was no landscaping back there. Just all mud. So we each took turns rolling each other around in the tire through the mud and got really, really muddy.
I remember her dad coming out and flipping his lid! Then he hosed us down like two hogs.
- How do you like your French fries?
I like how McDonald’s does ‘em. Hot and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, with lots of ketchup on the side (I don’t like them covered with ketchup because it makes them soggy).
- Pastel or neon nails?
Neons on my fingertips and pastels on my toes.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. We’re starting an ’80s cover band. What instrument would you like to play?
2. Do you have any family members in the service?
3. What was the biggest mess/trouble you ever got into as a kid?
4. How do you like your French fries?
5. Pastel or neon nails?
I keep seeing this hashtag on Instagram, #100happydays, where you post one thing that makes you happy every day for 100 days.
Anyone else want to do it with me?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,