You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s your idea of a perfect birthday party for you?
A very casual brunch, because brunch is my favorite meal of the day, where I order both a sweet and savory option, because I hate having to decide between the two, and everybody has mimosas.
Just a handful of people, and I don’t have to pick up the bill.
Oh, yeah! — and I’m wearing a tiara.
- Tell me about your first car…
It was a beat up flesh-colored Ford pickup with a camper shell and a long bed, so I couldn’t see what was going on behind me, and the speedometer was broken. Every time my parents would drive with me, they’d yell about how I was going too fast, but how was I supposed to know how fast I was going!? The freaking speedometer was broken!
- What’s one thing you always have with you wherever you go?
Cat hair. I’m covered in it. It’s on my shoes, on my clothes, on my purses, in my hair, on my lips sometimes. I can’t escape it.
- Which of the following can you hear from your home: church bells, trains, busses, children playing, birds singing and/or wind chimes?
All of the above.
I’m not 100% sure about the train. I think I hear one sometimes, but I don’t know where it is. It’s like the ghost train…
- Have you ever been lost — like seriously lost — in a city, a parking lot or someplace outdoors?
Yes, in the South San Francisco Daly City area. It’s like the Bermuda Triangle for me.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. What’s your idea of a perfect birthday party for you?
2. Tell me about your first car…
3. What’s one thing you always have with you wherever you go?
4. Which of the following can you hear from your home: church bells, trains, busses, children playing, birds singing and/or wind chimes?
5. Have you ever been lost — like seriously lost — in a city, a parking lot or someplace outdoors?
I was feeling really tense this morning when I woke up. Monday mornings are usually…yeah, difficult for me, as they are for a lot of people.
I tried some of my usual Monday morning brain-focussing tricks like mind mapping and list writing, but they weren’t working. Then I went for a 15-minute walk.
Lo and behold, I felt about a million times better! It’s a cliche, but those walks really work. Sometimes the best way to get out of your head is to get out of your head.
Anywho, have a great day today. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,