You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Ponytails — high or low?
Low ponies (LOL! Sounds like a bummed-out horse) because they don’t give me headaches as much as high ponies, although I do like the look of a high pony. I think they’re very elegant and chic.
So both, I guess. High and low ponies.
- List all of your leopard-print shoes, clothes, mugs, bags, scarves, furniture, cat collars, etc.
Hmm… Surprisingly, I don’t actually have as much leopard print as I’d like. I have a…
- Pair of high heels, which are a tad too high for me, so I don’t really wear them… I just like to look at them.
- A scarf from Target that my mom got me for Christmas
- A pink vinyl leopard-print makeup bag
- A baggy leopard-print sweater from Target…with the face of an actual leopard on it
Wow, that’s it… Not as much as I thought. I think this is something I must rectify ASAP.
- Do you do music festivals like Coachella?
Not really. When I watch a concert, I like to be sitting on the couch with the Tivo remote so that I can pause for bathroom and snack breaks and don’t have to wait for two hours standing up for the headliner to start.
LOL! I’m so grumpy.
- Have you ever had a rain-related hair or makeup mishap?
I’ve definitely had hair mishaps, like the time I’d just gotten my hair blown out stick straight in the city, and it started raining like crazy. Of course, I didn’t have an umbrella…
- Which of the following do you use: hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, waving iron, hot rollers?
D., all of the above.
The hair dryer and curling iron most often.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. Ponytails — high or low?
2. List all of your leopard-print shoes, clothes, mugs, bags, scarves, furniture, cat collars, etc.
3. Do you do music festivals like Coachella?
4. Have you ever had a rain-related hair or makeup mishap?
5. Which of the following do you use: hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, waving iron, hot rollers?
Last weekend hanging out with my family over Easter I really thought a lot about counting my blessings. Life is very short, and everything is temporary, and I see that much more clearly as I get older.
I think it helps to take a moment from time to time when you feel stressed out to close your eyes and think about some of the things you’re grateful for. It helps prevent any potential meltdowns/orange alert incidents.
Have a good week, my friend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,