You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you have a lucky charm?
No, but they are magically delicious, haha. Nope, I’ve never had a lucky charm.
- Do you ever wear strapless dresses?
Yes. I like ’em a lot, as long as I have a comfortable bra. My wedding dress was strapless actually.
- Do you know how to sew or otherwise make clothes?
No, but it sounds cool, and I still would like to learn. When I was 14 I did ask for a sewing machine for my birthday, and I actually got one, but I had no idea how to use it. I guess it never occurred to my parents to include lessons or to find somebody to teach me how to sew (there was no such thing as YouTube back then), so it just collected cobwebs in a storage room for years.
- Are you wearing anything green today?
Currently, no, but I will once I change out of my pink sweatpants.
- Favorite green nail polish, eyeshadow, liner, etc?
Favorite green polish is Chanel Jade, favorite shadow is MAC Greensmoke (or Humid; it’s a tossup) and favorite liner? Urban Decay Stash.
- What does your wallet look like?
It’s an obnoxiously bright yellow wallet from Kate Spade, but I love it because I can always find it in my purse.
- Did you ever get detention in school?
Maybe once or twice because I was a big ol’ nerd. The only reason I ever got it was for being late to first period.
- Have you ever done (or would you ever do) nail art on your toes?
I like it on other people but not on my toes because they are very long. I’ve talked about my freakishly long alien toes before… You do not need to hear any more about them.
- Are you planting a garden this year?
I am! We started last weekend by cleaning off the deck, getting (and building) some wooden planter boxes and planting some snapdragons, Gerbera daisies… I got a couple of lavender shrubs, a bunch of tomatoes and, oh! — two bell pepper plants and a purple basil.
And a bunch of catnip, of course.
- Have you ever done anything crafty before, like scrapbooking or making candles?
Years ago I took a one-day scrapbooking class. It was fun, but I never really did anything with it after.
And in college I went through a phase where I made beaded necklaces (“She’s making jewelry now.”).
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Do you have a lucky charm?
2. Do you ever wear strapless dresses?
3. Do you know how to sew or otherwise make clothes?
4. Are you wearing anything green today?
5. Favorite green nail polish, eyeshadow, liner, etc?
6. What does your wallet look like?
7. Did you ever get detention in school?
8. Have you ever done (or would you ever do) nail art on your toes?
9. Are you planting a garden this year?
10. Have you ever done anything crafty before, like scrapbooking or making candles?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Hope you have a wonderful day. Fish and chips for everyone!
Wait — is that English or Irish?