You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever made pasta from scratch?
I helped someone do it once. Does that count? I fed the pasta dough through a Kitchen Aid with the pasta attachment.
(Of course, I totally ruined the dough. It was the most un-aesthetically pleasing pasta humankind has ever seen…but it was still edible! 🙂 )
- What’s your everyday outlook on earrings? What do you wear most of the time?
For everyday wear, studs, and I alternate among pearl, diamond and rose gold.
I also love chandeliers, but only on occasion, and they can’t be too heavy, too loud (like wind chimes) or be too tempting for Tabs…since he will swat at them.
- Do any of your lifelong or very close friends live in a country other than yours?
Just you guys. I’m pretty lucky to have most of my lifelong friends nearby here in the Bay Area, all within a two-hour drive.
- Have you ever had to shave someone’s back?
Yes! And it was…an experience.
Like shaving a shaggy Muppet.
- When makeup colors do you most commonly wear when you do smokey eyes?
Most of the time, bronze, warm browns and golds, but I also like gunmetal grays, deep blues and purples.
Smokey eyes are my favorites! I could seriously wear them every single day.
- What’s one thing you love about your neighborhood?
The birds are such wonderful musicians. We have some three-hundred-year-old heritage oak trees on the hill we live on, and they provide the perfect venue for the songbirds in the area (lots of finches). There’s always something singing or chirping in the trees.
- When do you usually have the most energy during the day?
Mornings, pretty much around this time of day, 2-3 hours after I get up and have been sufficiently caffeinated.
I’ve gotta get some breakfast and coffee in my belly first. Then I (usually) feel ready to conquer the world.
- When was the last time you wore false lashes?
On date night with El Hub last Friday. I wore these Lovely Lolita lashes by Katy Perry.
They’re very comfy and still look fairly natural, but with a kick!
- Do you ever have your tea in a cup with a saucer (fancy!)?
I wish. I usually just grab the closest clean mug in the dish rack, but having tea in a fancy cup and saucer takes it to the next level.
- Beauty is (among many things)…
- …appreciating all the small, seemingly mundane day-to-day things and realizing their magical potential
- …the way Tabs looks into my eyes and blinks slowly when he’s sitting on my lap
- …the smell of El Hub’s cheeks when he’s freshly shaven
- …burying my face in a warm armful of laundry right when it comes out of the dryer
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Have you ever made pasta from scratch?
2. What’s your everyday outlook on earrings?
3. Do any of your lifelong or very close friends live in a country other than yours?
4. Have you ever had to shave someone’s back?
5. When makeup colors do you most commonly wear when you do smokey eyes?
6. What’s one thing you love about your neighborhood?
7. When do you usually have the most energy during the day?
8. When was the last time you wore false lashes?
9. Do you ever have your tea in a cup with a saucer (fancy!)?
10. Beauty is…
G’morning, babe. Sending you a sunshiny hello from Northern California (Marin County, to be exact). 🙂
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was good but way too short.
I ran some errands, made a couple meals (including this improv kale, sun dried tomato and shrimp pasta dish, which turned out OK) and bought an ugly black metal filing cabinet, which I’ve already nicknamed THE FILING CABINET OF DOOM.
OK, maybe not…
Did you do anything fun and/or productive last weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,