You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s your stance on chocolate in breakfast foods?
I’m a supporter, as long as the chocolate isn’t overly sweet. I’ll happily gobble down a semi-sweet croissant or a chocolate-chip pancake with my coffee, yum!
- Did you ever collect stamps?
I did when I was a kid. I had albums filled with limited edition U.S. stamps and stamps from around the world, but I can’t remember when I grew out of it… Probably sometimes in my moody tween years, I think, when boys started to seem more interesting.
In hindsight, I probably should’ve stuck with the stamps, LOL! At least for a few more years.
- One of your favorite skin-soothing products?
GURL, First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream is the shizzle. I use it everywhere — on my face, hands, cuticles — anyplace my skin needs extra moisture.
It’s rich and thick, but not greasy, and it doesn’t give me breakouts. Highly, highly recommended.
Oh, and something else I love for dry skin — Sisley’s Black Rose Mask. Hella expensive, but it works wonders on my scaly bits.
- I know I shouldn’t, but I always _____.
Fiddle with my phone before bed. I’ve read that the light from phones and tablets is supposed to interfere with your sleep, but I get sucked in, ya know? Time flies when you’re fiddling with gadgets (usually watching YouTube makeup videos or reading on my Kindle).
It’s a habit I really have to break…
- Have you been watching the Olympics?
I’ve watched the opening ceremony and the parade of athletes (for the outfits and the factoids about the different countries) but haven’t actually caught any of the events yet.
I will though. I have been watching the recaps in the mornings.
- Do you ever wear glittery eye makeup to work?
Um…yes. Shimmer and sparkle are strongly encouraged here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC. Our CEO’s philosophy is “the more bling, the better.”
I might actually have to bust out some bling today — ya know, on account of it being Monday. 😉
- A vegetable that makes you cringe?
Okra. Blech! It’s the texture… Not a big fan of slimy things. I don’t mind it so much when it’s fried, but I make a face whenever I see it in a stew or something.
- What’s your philosophy on makeup?
Do what you like.
- We’re all wearing flowers pinned to our shirts today! Which one would you like to wear?
A gardenia, please.
- What are the craziest socks in your sock drawer?
Wow, that’s a tough one… Lots to choose from, LOL!
I have several pairs of crazy cat lady socks, but the craziest ones are a warm pair of black and gray striped socks with gray tabby cats on them. They always make me laugh.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. What’s your stance on chocolate in breakfast foods?
2. Did you ever collect stamps?
3. One of your favorite skin-soothing products?
4. I know I shouldn’t, but I always _____.
5. Have you been watching the Olympics?
6. Do you ever wear glittery eye makeup to work?
7. A vegetable that makes you cringe?
8. What’s your philosophy on makeup?
9. We’re all wearing flowers pinned to our shirts today! Which one would you like to wear?
10. What are the craziest socks in your sock drawer?
Brrr, it’s cold in here! For a second there I thought we were skipping the wet part of winter and fast-forwarding to spring, but I guess not.
It rained all through last weekend. Not that I mind the rain because we need it, but Tabs is pretty fussy about the whole thing. He’s quite the diva when it comes to wet paws and fur. He hates walking on wet ground, and he takes out his frustrations on me by pretty much doing the exactly opposite of anything I want him to do.
You know… Cats.
In other news, think warm thoughts while I go make us another cup of coffee. You fill out the Monday Poll, and I’ll be right back. Do you take cream or sugar in yours?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,