You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you sing in the shower?
Sometimes, when the rhythm moves me and I have a song stuck in my head. Aren’t showers the *best* places for improv American Idol auditions? I can definitely hit higher notes in the shower than I can in real life.
- Gold or silver jewelry?
How about both? That way I don’t have to choose. 🙂
- If you were competing in the Winter Olympics, in what event would you compete?
Snowboarding! Not that I do it very often. At all. But I think it’s probably the event I’d have the most aptitude for (which isn’t saying much).
Too bad I can’t stand the cold or being in the snow! Yup, there’s that.
- Would you rather plan a party, or go to a party?
Ya know, I like the idea of being one of those gals who effortlessly organizes fun and interesting dinner parties, but, to be honest, I’d rather just go as a guest, relax and enjoy myself.
- Ketchup or mustard?
Ketchup, all the way. And a grilled cheese sandwich to dip into it.
- What are you most stressed out about this week?
Well…at the moment, everything, LOL! I’m overwhelmed. I just don’t know how I’m going to finish everything I need to finish, but what’s new? It seems like that comes with the territory on Mondays, doesn’t it?
- Would you characterize your weekdays as structured or flexible (or something else)?
Both. I do have tasks, like responding to emails; taking pictures at certain times of day (to chase the sunlight); setting up camera equipment, flashes and light reflectors; keeping batteries recharged; and producing series posts like the Monday Poll and Sundays With Tabs. But I also have a great deal of flexibility over how I choose to handle my posts, like whether I tell a poem or a story, or focus on the pictures, or something else.
- I’m at my silliest when…
I’m chillin’ with my boys, El Hub and Tabs.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A smoothie made with almond milk, frozen blueberries, a banana, spinach (sounds gross, but I couldn’t really taste when it was all blended in) and vanilla protein powder. It was very fibrous and filling, LOL!
- What are three things you always have with you?
My love for cats (and other animals), my wedding ring and a makeup bag filled with lipsticks and glosses. 🙂
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Do you sing in the shower?
2. Gold or silver jewelry?
3. If you were competing in the Winter Olympics, in what event would you compete?
4. Would you rather plan a party or go to a party?
5. Ketchup or mustard?
6. What are you most stressed out about this week?
7. Would you characterize your weekdays as structured or flexible (or something else)?
8. I’m at my silliest when…
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
10. What are three things you always have with you?
A grungy hair and sweat pants greeting to you on this lovely Monday morning! 🙂
Please forgive the coffee breath, and yes, I do still have to shower, so you might want to remain an arm’s length away… (Sorry!)
Ever have one of those Monday mornings? Yup, I’m havin’ one.
The neurons aren’t firing the way they’re supposed to, and I’m not sure what to do. Doopdado…
I think this is where a second cup of coffee comes in. Can I get you one? A hot cup of Kona blend? It’s pretty yum.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,