You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever owned a Caboodle?
YES, and I still have it, LOL! My grandma bought it for me many moons ago. It’s mint green and pink, and I keep old costume jewelry in it from my teen years that I don’t wear anymore but can’t part with.
Funny thing is…I don’t think I ever kept makeup in it. I’ve always used it for jewelry and knick-knacks.
- What’s the first thing you do when you get to work?
Well, the workday here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC, starts early. First, I make a pot of coffee, and then clean off my desk, which is
usuallyalways a mess from the day before.
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Hmm… Well, the first thing that comes to mind was when I left a secure job working in the legal department for a big company to pursue freelance writing some years ago.
Thank goodness for El Hub…because without his encouragement, I don’t think I would’ve done that on my own.
- How often do you entertain?
Rarely, but not because I don’t want to. I just don’t ever feel like I have enough time to get it together to invite people over, plan a meal, then clean and cook.
- What’s one of your mottos?
“Please leave your crazy at the door.”
- How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Around 7-8, which is enough for me to function, but not enough to be my best. I think I do my best when I get — no kidding — 10-12 hours of sleep.
- We’re rollin’ up to In-N-Out for lunch! What would you like?
A grilled cheese with grilled onions, tomato and lettuce (cut in half please). Also, fries and a vanilla shake.
I’ll run it all off later (I hope).
- What three things never fail to make you smile?
When men hold and coo at babies, watching kittens (especially tabbies) play, seeing something I’ve been wanting to buy go on sale (YES!).
- What mascara are you wearing today?
MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash. We fell out of love for a while, but we’re back together again.
- When was the last time you saw a rainbow?
It has been a while, but then we haven’t seen much rain here in California this year…
May 2012, I think?
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. Have you ever owned a Caboodle?
2. What’s the first thing you do when you first get to work?
3. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
4. How often do you entertain?
5. What’s one of your mottos?
6. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
7. We’re rollin’ up to In-N-Out for lunch! What would you like to order?
8. What three things never fail to make you smile?
9. What mascara are you wearing today?
10. When was the last time you saw a rainbow?
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, everyone. Are you taking the day off? Things are proceeding as usual here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC. Tabs figures that jumping right back into the regular work schedule will help distract us from the heartbreak of the 49ers losing the game yesterday (he doesn’t want to talk about it).
Hope you’re having a nice day so far. I’m about to make a second cup of coffee. Would you like one, too?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,