You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter?
Hmm… It’s been a while. I think it might’ve been 2007, during SF Fashion week.
I was a brand new beauty blogger at the time, and I’d just gotten my first DSLR camera. I remember coming home after the shows and staying up all night long writing and futzing with the pics, and then slamming a pot of coffee the next morning so that I could make it through my day job at the literary agency.Advertisement
Ah, good times… Good times.
- Are you currently trying any new skincare products?
Why, yes! I’m trying a couple new things this week — Kate Somerville’s Replenishing Toner (supposed to be good for dry skin) and Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Eye and Lip Cream (for my dark circles and fine lines).
- What do you like to listen to while you’re driving?
Pretty much anything. As long as I can sing along to it, we coo’. Usually, it’s the radio. Ideally, upbeat pop, or if I’m feeling agitated or need to be soothed, then something easy listening (“Light rock…less talk. 96.5, KOIT”), because the last thing I want when I’m feeling stressed is Pitbull yelling at me about how he’s having fun at the club.
I get it, dude. You’re having a great time at the club. I get it. 🙂
- Flip-flops or Converse?
Even though I have a soft spot for low-top Converse, I’ll go with Reef flip-flops, please.
- What’s one activity you tried to get into but couldn’t/chose not to?
In middle school, my friend Nancy played basketball, and she tried to get interested in it, but I’m fairly terrible at all sports involving projectiles.
My natural reaction is always to duck, and not catch, whatever’s being thrown at me.
Anyway, it didn’t take long for me to figure out that this brown girl can’t jump, LOL! I was terrible at it, so I put all my hoop dreams aside…
- Have you ever ended a relationship with someone you were still in love with?
Yes, and it was absolutely awful and traumatic. I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. It took me a long time to put it behind me. Ten years, give or take.
- Three random things you like?
- Seeing Tabs’ tum sway back and forth when he runs down the stairs
- Drinking a really cold Vitamin Water Zero with my lunch
- Having a whole day to myself where I can see and do new things
- Three random things you dislike?
- Eating wet grapes (I can only eat them when they’re dry)
- Seeing people act disrespectfully and without patience toward the elderly (GRRR)
- Having a sticky, sweaty neck
- Do you ever use your phone in the bathroom?
Totally guilty of this! I should stop…seeing as how my nightmare would be to accidentally drop the phone in the toilet.
- Would you rather make coffee at home, or grab a cup from someplace else?
While I love a good cafe-made soy latte, nine of 10 times I’d rather just make my coffee at home. It’s cheaper, quicker, and I’m not a big fan of waiting in lines.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter?
2. Are you currently trying any new skincare products?
3. What do you like to listen to while you’re driving?
4. Flip-flops or Converse?
5. What’s one activity you tried to get into but couldn’t/chose not to?
6. Have you ever ended a relationship with someone you were still in love with?
7. Three random things you like?
8. Three random things you dislike?
9. Do you ever use your phone in the bathroom?
10. Would you rather make coffee at home, or grab a cup from someplace else?
Speaking of coffee…I spit mine all over myself this morning, LOL!
Yup, PPFFFFT! I guess I was drinking it too eagerly, because a big sip went down the wrong pipe, and I spit up all over my shirt, my chin and neck, the kitchen counter, and even got some up in my hair.
Ah… There’s nothing quite getting coffee in your hair first thing on a Monday morning.
On the plus side, now my mane smells like chocolate-flavored coffee from Kauai. #glasshalffull 🙂
Have a good one today. Tabs says, “mrow.”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,