You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s one lipstick you never get tired of?
MAC Impassioned. It still takes my breath away after all these years…
- A fear you’d like to conquer?
Honestly, sometimes I feel like I’m afraid of doing things the right way, if that makes any sense at all. I just want to get out of my own way in 2014 and stop with the self-sabotage. No more working so late that I’m wasted and tired the next day, no more procrastinating in the mornings — stuff like that.
- How often do you curl your lashes?
Every. Single. Day.
Mine are pin straight!
- What’s one thing you’ve been putting off doing?
Going to the optometrist… I desperately need new contacts. I cam hartly see teh keybpard anumore. 🙂
- Best celebrity to be trapped on a desert island with?
I’m sure RyGos would be lovely company (and easy on the eyes), but from a survival standpoint, Survivorman’s Les Stroud would probably do more to keep me alive and get me home in (hopefully) one piece.
- Something beautiful (anything at all)?
The sound of wind chimes tinkling in the wind, the quiet early mornings in my neighborhood right before the sun climbs over the horizon, El Hub and Tabs napping together peacefully on the couch.
- Would you rather wear a dress or pants?
A dress, for sure. But it has to be something comfortable — not binding — with pockets.
- Your favorite comfort food?
Grilled cheese sandwiches, preferably with tomato soup on the side.
El Hub is no chef (sorry, babe!), but the man makes a mean grilled cheese.
It’s perfection! I’m telling you, girls (and guys), if you can, marry a man who makes a good grilled cheese sandwich.
- What’s a fragrance/scent that reminds you of high school?
Oh, gosh, CK One… In senior year everyone and their mother wore that scent.
- What’s one thing you did last weekend?
Rented Don Jon and thought, eh, it was OK. I think it tried to be more profound than it actually was.
It wasn’t the explicit content that bugged me. I just thought a lot of the dialogue fell flat. I liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s acting and directing, but the movie didn’t rock my world. In this case, I have to politely disagree with the Rotten Tomatoes rating of 81%.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. What’s one lipstick you never get tired of?
2. A fear you’d like to conquer?
3. How often do you curl your lashes?
4. What’s one thing you’ve been putting off doing?
5. Best celebrity to be trapped on a desert island with?
6. Something beautiful (anything at all)?
7. Would you rather wear a dress or pants?
8. Your favorite comfort food?
9. What’s a fragrance/scent that reminds you of high school?
10. What’s one thing you did last weekend?
First poll of the year, buddy! I think we should commemorate the occasion with extra coffee. 🙂
A lot more coffee.
I had a tough time falling asleep last night, so I’m a little groggy this morning. The caffeine will help, though, I’m sure.
Have a good one today. Your nephew says, “Mrow.”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,