You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever been on TV?
Nope. Well…maybe. There’s a slim chance I might have been caught on camera during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade of 2003 because I was in New York watching the parade from the sidewalk that day.
- What’s the scariest thing that’s ever happened while you were home alone?
Not exactly alone, but one night when I was in high school I was babysitting my brother while our parents were out. We were watching TV in the living room when I thought I saw a shadowy figure in the backyard.
Adrenaline shot through me! Seriously, I was ready to grab my brother and bolt out the front door in bare feet and pajamas.
Turns out what I thought was someone’s head peeking through the windows was actually a plastic grocery bag caught in a clothesline, but whatevs. 🙂
- Did you decorate your house for the holidays (lights, etc.)?
We have a real tree and decorated it with twinkling white lights and ornaments, and we also did a little corner in the kitchen with some lights. Sometimes we also string lights outside around the garage, but not this year. Bah! Humbug!
- Have you ever gone caroling?
I haven’t, but it looks like so much fun in the movies!
- Did you watch any Christmas specials on TV this year?
I caught the last part of The Sound of Music Live! special with Carrie Underwood and Vampire Bill. Let’s just say that Tabs was not overly impressed… Of course, he’s a tough critic, but the movie is a pretty tough act to follow.
- Have you been playing any good games on your phone lately?
Bejeweled Blitz. I play it so much that El Hub’s memorized the theme song…even though he has a terrible memory and he’s never played the game himself, LOL!
- Strangest gift you’ve ever given or received?
Someone in elementary school — I can’t remember who it was now — gave me a pink toy Barbie motorcycle, and I was totally offended at the time because I didn’t play with Barbie (I was more a connoisseur of teddy bears).
I couldn’t comprehend why, of all the forms of transportation, Barbie would choose to ride a motorcycle because, I mean, her hair would get totally messed up from her helmet and the wind… It was just so WEIRD to me.
- Are there any outdated phrases you still like using?
Um, all of them?? I’m particularly fond of “It’s the bomb!” and “Raise the roof!” And I will say “That’s HELLA bad!” (with “bad” meaning “good”) to someone if I know they’re an old-school East Bay-er.
- Have you ever gone camping in the snow?
Well that pretty much describes my nightmare. 🙂
- Favorite past or present makeup trend or fad?
Cat eye liner! I hope it never goes out of style.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Have you ever been on TV?
2. What’s the scariest thing that’s happened while you were home alone?
3. Did you decorate your house for the holidays?
4. Have you ever gone caroling?
5. Did you watch any Christmas specials on TV this year?
6. Have you been playing any good games on your phone lately?
7. Strangest gift you’ve ever given or received?
8. Which outdated phrases do you still like using?
9. Have you ever gone camping in the snow?
10. Favorite past or present makeup trend or fad?
It’s almost here! Merry Christmas Eve, Eve. 🙂
Whatcha up to today? I’m not feeling extra productive this morning, but I do want to prep a couple of reviews before tomorrow and finish something else I’ve been working on (a top secret project!).
El Hub and I went down to the mall last night, and it was actually kind of fun. Crowded, for sure, but it was so Christmassy, with the stores all decorated, and you just can’t beat this time of year for sales. I mean, when during the regular year do you see sales like 50% off everything in the store??
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,