You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Did you do any holiday shopping last weekend?
Yup, I did, at the mall down in Corte Madera, and it was a sh*t-storm of bad behavior, I kid you not! The parking situation was straight out of Thunderdome, and I saw several adults acting entitled and ill-behaved.
Oh, well. At least I saw lots of cute dogs in adorable Christmas outfits. 🙂
- How did you meet your best friend?
Just random chance. I met Jen in the second grade and Cindy in the third (we were in the same classes together), but we really didn’t start hanging out together all the time until high school (we all played flute in band).
As for my other BFFs, El Hub, I met through a friend (we started emailing together, and he had a great sense of humor in print…and really excellent grammar), and Tabs was a friendly neighborhood stray who strolled into my apartment one afternoon, approved of my petting and immediately claimed me as his official gravy provider/servant.
- What do you miss most about the ’90s (assuming you were old enough to miss anything)?
Plaid shirts? Oh, wait — they’re back in style again. 🙂 I was in high school and college at the time, and I guess I miss having long stretches of free time on the weekends and jobs with very little responsibility.
- What’s your typical take on smokey eyes?
Two or three matte browns in the crease, a black/brown eye shadow/liner combo on my lash lines, a matte beige on my brow bone, a shimmery golden beige in the inner corners, black liquid cat liner and LOTS of mascara.
- What color describes your mood today?
LOL! I’m not sure… Purple, I guess?
- Do you have a mentor?
I don’t, but I’d really like one, if only to have someone (other than El Hub and Tabs) to listen to my special blend o’ crazy and give me advice…
- What’s the first thing you did when you woke up this morning?
Hit the snooze button, haha! Then I turned over and saw Tabs sleeping on the bed beside me, so I greedily grabbed him and took two bites of his delicious tabby belly meat.
- Has your life ever flashed before your eyes?
It has not.
- What’s something you aren’t very good at but enjoy doing anyway?
YouTube videos. Dude! I’m a hot mess when that red light flicks on, but it’s fun. I feel like a TV personality.
- Have you ever had a snowy Christmas?
Being from the San Francisco Bay Area, I have to say no, but I’ve always loved the idea of a white Christmas.
Except for the cold aspect.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Did you do any holiday shopping last weekend?
2. How did you meet your best friend?
3. What do you miss most about the ’90s?
4. What’s your typical take on smokey eyes?
5. What color describes your mood today?
6. Do you have a mentor?
7. What’s the first thing you did when you woke up this morning?
8. Has your life ever flashed before your eyes?
9. What’s something you aren’t very good at but enjoy doing anyway?
10. Have you ever had a snowy Christmas?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,