You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- One of your favorite holiday snacks/noms/sweet treats?
Oh, so many to choose from, but I look forward to Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Stars every year…even if my waistline does not. 🙂
Whatevs… Waistline just needs to deal. I’d rather indulge and then run an extra mile or two.
- How do you know when a mascara is right for you?
My lashes are normally pretty average — stick straight, no curl to speak of, and not particularly long or thick — unlike El Hub’s, which are AMAZING.
I swear, boys get the best lashes… It’s just not fair.
Anyways, yeah, I can usually tell when a mascara hits the sweet spot for me when it holds a curl from my lash curler, makes me go “OooOOOoooh” when I see it on in the mirror for the first time, and it doesn’t smudge or flake.
While I don’t like drama in my personal life, I need it from my mascaras. BRING IT!
- What’s one thing you do really well?
LOL! I can sleep through almost anything — thunderstorms, earthquakes, concerts. I’m a deeeeep sleeper, and once I’m out, I AM OUT.
- Is it snowing where you live?
Almost. It almost never snows here in Marin County (just north of the Golden Gate Bridge). Maybe once a smidgen every 10 years or so. It gets cold — like down around the upper 20s for a couple weeks a year — but it rarely snows.
- What’s something weird you keep in your purse?
Are cat treats weird…? There are a couple of new kitties in our neighborhood, and I’m hell bent on befriending them.
Food is the fastest path to feline friendship! Hmm… I should put that on a bumper sticker.
- Do you ever wear dark smokey eyes to work?
Sometimes. The dress code here at the home offices of Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC, does occasionally call for dressy attire. 😉
- Are you easy to spot in a crowd?
If it’s a crowd of short people, LOL! Or if I’m waving my phone above my head like a maniac to get your attention. I’m pretty short.
- What’s your best over-protective parent story?
Once in high school when a boy came over to take me out on a date, my dad was doing some yard work in the back yard.
He invited the guy back there for a “quick chat.” While they were there, my dad went through his regular list of non-negotiables (no drinking and driving, missing curfew, etc.) while swinging a huge axe back and forth in front of the poor kid’s face.
I was mortified at the time…but now I just think it was just hilarious!
- Are there any beauty products you need to re-purchase?
Right now? YSL Touche Eclat in 4.5 and Kate Sommerville Anti-Bac Clearing Lotion.
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last weekend?
El Hub and I had a really lovely, relaxing Saturday night. We turned on the Comcast Yule Log channel on the TV, listened to Christmas music and read books by the faux fireplace.
It was so nice…
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. One of your favorite holiday snacks/noms/sweet treats?
2. How do you know when a mascara is right for you?
3. What’s one thing you do well?
4. Is it snowing where you live?
5. What’s something weird you keep in your purse?
6. Do you ever wear dark smokey eyes to work?
7. Are you easy to spot in a crowd?
8. What’s your best over-protective parent story?
9. Are there any beauty products you need to re-purchase?
10. What’s the best thing that happened to you last weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,