You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you wear mascara on your bottom lashes?
I usually do, both for pics and real life, ’cause I think it opens up my eyes a little, and you know I’m always down for anything that helps me look like I’m more awake.
- Watching figure skating on TV: yes or no?
Big ol’ YES! Not that I really know what’s going on or follow it religiously, but it’s one of my favorite things to watch during the Olympics.
- What’s your favorite kind of pie?
I can seriously eat half an entire pecan pie in a single sitting, and depending on the size of the pie…maybe the whole thing.
I am so not joking either.
- Is there someone in your life who’s always encouraged you to chase after your dreams?
My sweet, loving husband. He’s always been supportive of my writing dreams. I never would have sent out those first freelance writing query letters or started Makeup and Beauty Blog if not for his encouragement.
- Besides laughter, what’s the best medicine?
Any of the following: a mani/pedi, a tub of Three Twins ice cream, sleep, stretchy pants…
- Have you ever dedicated a song on the radio to someone?
LOL, no! Although I used to think that was the coolest thing back in the day, especially if you were on the receiving end of a song dedication.
Back when I was a teen, I listened to this radio show called Love Lines every night on the local hip-hop station (KMEL) in the hopes that Evan Luck (Bay Area folks, remember him?!) would say, “This Bobbi Brown slow jam is for Karen in Union City…” HAHA!
- Where do you feel the safest?
At night in my bed with El Hub and Tabs beside to me.
- Who makes the best drugstore nail polish?
Oh, there are so many great ones, but I have a soft spot for Sally Hansen. Her Insta-Dri polishes have saved my butt so many times!
- What shoes are you wearing today?
A pair of comfy caramel brown low-heeled Frye boots I got last year on sale at Nordies. They totally keep my feet warm.
- Hello, would you like whipped cream with your hot cocoa?
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. Do you wear mascara on your bottom lashes?
2. Watching figure skating on TV: yes or no?
3. What’s your favorite kind of pie?
4. Is there someone in your life who’s always encouraged you to chase after your dreams?
5. Besides laughter, what’s the best medicine?
6. Have you ever dedicated a song on the radio to someone?
7. Where do you feel the safest?
8. Who makes the best drugstore nail polish?
9. What shoes are you wearing today?
10. Hello, would you like whipped cream with your hot cocoa?
So…I watched Catching Fire twice this weekend and, uh, I’m a little ashamed.
And you know what? If someone were to ask me to go see it with them tonight, I would probably go again.
Oh, my gosh! I liked it so much… But yes, I see a lot of movies and love young adult books, so there’s that.
Yesterday at brunch (Ever been to Marvin’s in Novato? We like to go on Sunday mornings. I love their blueberry pancakes with powdered sugar on top, yum!) El Hub and I spent the entire time talking about the movie, which we watched the night before.
Anyway, we were sitting there getting our breakfast on and talking about the movie (no spoilers, I promise), when I started thinking how much I’d like to see it again (which I don’t do very often; last time was the first Hunger Games movie), and then out of nowhere El Hub says we should!
Life lesson here: if you can, marry a man who’ll take you to Sunday brunch and then invite you to watch Catching Fire for the second time in two days.
This morning I’m heading to the MAC Pro Store in the city to get a close look at the new brushes and some usage tips, which I’ll definitely be sharing with you, of course.
You enjoy your day, ‘k? Blueberry pancakes for everyone!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,