You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Leopard spots or zebra stripes?
Cat lady says what now?! Leopard spots, of course.
- Have you ever blown a kiss to a stranger?
Not that I can recall, but stranger things have happened after a glass of wine or two…
- A movie that scared you as a child?
Salam’s Lot, HOLY CRAP. I don’t know whose idea it was to allow a bunch of 5-year-olds to watch that movie at the babysitter’s house, but it went down, and I was (and still am) traumatized.
- Are you a back, tummy or side sleeper?
Yes! I usually fall asleep on my back, but then roll on to my tummy or side in the wee hours of the morning.
- Who’s your team?
- Do you, or does someone you know, have a sixth sense?
I’m not sure… Maybe. I do get a very strong sense of déjà vu sometimes. And there have been a few times when something — a very distinct, unmistakable gut feeling that something isn’t right — has probably saved my life.
- How are you at multitasking?
- What was the last skincare product you finished down to the last drop?
I think it was NARS Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer… I used it a lot toward the end of summer because it was lightweight, super moisturizing and didn’t give me breakouts.
It’s probably not moisturizing enough for me now that it’s gotten colder and drier, but I’ll use it again next spring and summer.
- If you could be a makeup artist for any brand, which brand would it be?
MAC or NARS, for sure.
- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your current ability to work a smokey eye?
Hmm… I’ll say 7.5? I think I can handle the basic styles OK, but I’m sure there are plenty of tweaks and improvements I could do.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. Leopard spots or zebra stripes?
2. Have you ever blown a kiss to a stranger?
3. A movie that scared you as a child?
4. Are you a back, tummy or side sleeper?
5. Who’s your team?
6. Do you, or does someone you know, have a sixth sense?
7. How are you at multitasking?
8. Last skincare product you finished down to the last drop?
9. If you could be a makeup artist for any brand, which brand would it be?
10. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your current ability to work a smokey eye?
Somewhere between the 49er roll and deep-fried soft-shell crab somebody at the table brought up shapeshifters…
Yes, these are the kinds of deep thoughts my friends and I have while we’re stuffing our faces with sushi drizzled in a nice ponzu sauce.
So yesterday I went to the South Bay to hang out with my girlfriends, Jen and Cindy, and to take Jen to a spa for her belated birthday present, and then afterward we had sushi at this place called Cha Cha Sushi in San Jose.
Jen believes that shapeshifters — assuming they exist, of course — are limited to transforming into something of the same mass, like, the example used at the table was that if you’re a 100-pound girl who shapeshifts into a bodybuilder, you might look like a bodybuilder on the outside, but you’ll only weigh 100 pounds, so you won’t be able to lift as much as an actual 300-pound bodybuilder would…
I guess this makes partial sense to me, since matter is neither created nor destroyed (that’s one thing I remember from my science years), but I think that if you’re already assuming that shapeshifters exist, then you’re already messing with the natural world and its laws as we know them, so I think it’s safe to assume that certain laws are being bent, because hello! — someone is SHIFTING THEIR SHAPE!
Unfortunately, we left the issue unresolved because the food arrived to the table…
OMG! So freakin’ good. There’s just something magical about spas and sushi, really. Every day should be a spa-sushi day… Someone needs to print that on a t-shirt.
How’s it going this morning? Do you have a couple minutes to say hi and touch base in the Monday Poll? I hope so. It’s a nice way to get the creative juices flowing, and I always like to hear how you’re doing.
Talk to ya soon!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,