You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past five years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How dedicated are you to your skincare regimen?
Well, pretty dedicated. I’m in my late 30s now, and I’m at that point where I don’t feel like I can slack anymore when it comes to skincare. I try (the key word here) to watch what I eat, exercise, drink plenty of water and get to bed by a decent hour.
And besides the whole getting older thing, I’ve been through some really rough patches with my skin — bad breakouts, mostly — and when I slack at all in my anti-acne regimen, things tend to go south very quickly.
- How often do you go to bed without removing your makeup?
I can’t remember ever doing it, although I’m sure I have. Most of the time, though, unless I’m literally unconscious, I’ll find the energy to do it.
- What’s your favorite beauty ritual?
Getting my hair done at the salon. It’s my favorite thing in the whole wide world! I get to sit on my bum, read magazines and chit-chat for a couple hours, and at the end of it all — new look!
- How would you describe your style: easy, experimental or excessive?
How about, “easily experimentally excessive”?
No, really, I’d say experimental.
- If you color your hair, how old were you when you first started?
In college, I think around 18 or 19. It was with an at-home highlighting kit, and I ended up with chunky tiger stripes.
SUCH A HOT MESS! — although at the time I thought it was the coolest thing.
- When it comes to makeup, what’s your biggest gripe?
Honestly, it’s the time. Eye makeup can take me SO LONG to do, especially when there are multiple shadows and lots of gradients and transitions involved. My eyes aren’t symmetrical, and I have to do little tweaks on each eye to make everything appear even.
- If you had to narrow down your entire fall wardrobe to a single fall uniform, what would it look like?
Dark gray skinny jeans, a cozy black sweater and my comfy olive green Fergie boots.
Cat lady confessional: the main reason I’d opt for a black and gray theme is because the colors hide tabby fur so well.
- What’s your go-to purse this fall?
I’ve been looking around for a new bag but have yet to find one that moves me (and carries all of my crap). So for now, it’s still the Poverty Flats Satchel from summer.
It’s a great bag and really does go with everything.
- What’s your biggest skincare gripe?
Ugh! Breakouts, particularly around my chin.
- What was the highlight of your weekend?
Going to the salon! I finally got my hair colored.
I ended up going darker for fall.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. How dedicated are you to your skincare regimen?
2. How often do you go to bed without removing your makeup?
3. What’s your favorite beauty ritual?
4. How would you describe your style: easy, experimental or excessive?
5. If you color your hair, how old were you when you first started?
6. When it comes to makeup, what’s your biggest gripe?
7. If you had to narrow down your entire fall wardrobe to a single fall uniform, what would it look like?
8. What’s your go-to purse this fall?
9. What’s your biggest skincare gripe?
10. What was the highlight of your weekend?
What do ya got going on today? Are you busy?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,