You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past five years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Is your desk neat or messy?
How ’bout this: it’s so messy it’s neat. 🙂 A neat mess? I adhere to the stacks and piles approach to office efficiency, meaning that there are tall stacks of paper everywhere.
But at least they’re neatly stacked piles, haha!
- One fun thing you did over the weekend?
GURL, I watched more Lifetime movies last weekend than I had in the three years before! My favorite was Escape From Polygamy.
No, really, that’s what it’s called, and it was actually REALLY good! Even El Hub thought so. Every time he had to get up for something he’d hurry back and ask, “What did I miss??”
- What book(s) are you reading?
A thriller/crime novel called Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn, but I have to stop reading it at night because it creeps me out, and then I have a hard time falling asleep.
- Something you keep meaning to do but don’t for one reason or another?
I gotta get my hair did! I’ve been talking about it for weeks, and my roots are exceptionally rooty right now.
- What’s a typical morning for you?
I get up at 6:30, usually with a tabby on my torso, and lumber downstairs like a zombie. First thing I do is make a big mug of coffee or a tea and something to eat, usually peanut butter toast, a fried egg sandwich or oatmeal. Then I feed Tabs.
If I’m still on schedule after that, I hop on the treadmill for 20-25 minutes, because I find that when I don’t exercise early in the morning, it just doesn’t get done at all. Work starts and time flies, and by the late afternoon I’m tired.
After working out, I quickly clean up, get dressed, and start
writing my posts for the daydoing Tabs’ bidding.
- Three of the makeup brushes you use most often?
The MAC 217, 239 and 224.
I use them in virtually every look. They’re the most practical makeup brushes I own.
- What’s one of your best eye makeup tips?
Use a clean blending brush to blend your eyeshadows, because dirty brushes seem to just scoot the product around.
- Something you’ve been loving lately?
H&M. I haven’t gone in a while (I get stimulus overload in there), but I went last week and found lots of cute, cute, CUTE fall stuff for cheap. I picked up a few tops for less than $20 each.
- Any life-changing beauty products lately?
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. Yeah, it’s freakishly, obscenely expensive, but damn if it hasn’t completely transformed my skin.
My skin hasn’t been this smooth in years! — and the stuff has really helped with my chin acne.
- Are you wearing any polish on your toes, and if you are, what shade?
I’m still wearing my same leftover pedi from Vegas earlier this month using Essie’s The Lace Is On, an opalescent, jewel-toned fuchsia.
It’s definitely chipping…
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Is your desk neat or messy?
2. One fun thing you did over the weekend?
3. What book(s) are you reading?
4. Something you keep meaning to do but don’t?
5. What’s a typical morning for you?
6. Three of the makeup brushes you use most often?
7. What’s one of your best eye makeup tips?
8. Something you’ve been loving lately?
9. Any life-changing beauty products lately?
10. Are you wearing any polish on your toes, and if you are, what shade?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I have it on very good authority that you are going to have an excellent week. Don’t ask me how I know. I just do. 🙂