You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past five years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- One makeup or beauty product you can’t stop hoarding?
It’s not “one” product in the strict technical sense…but coral everything — lipsticks, glosses, eyeshadows. I like the way coral works with my warm skin tone. When I’m stumped for what to wear, it’s a no-brainer for me.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar (been eating a lot of these lately) and a big-@ss cup of Kona coffee with almond milk and a teaspoon of sugar.
- I’m happiest when ______.
I’m ahead of my deadlines. It’s the worst when I feel like I’m behind schedule.
- Don’t be afraid of ______.
Change. I’m definitely getting more set in my ways as I get older, and it’s a little frightening… It’s harder to go with the flow for me than it used to be. I have to force myself to try new things.
- What’s one of your mantras?
“You can cry when you’re done.”
I’m an emotional person, and the tears come easily, especially when I’m overwhelmed, but crying can get in the way sometimes, you know? It can be hard to stop once I start, so I try to hold it together long enough to finish whatever I’m working on…and THEN I shut the door and lose my sh*t.
- Something that inspires you?
People who are passionate about learning. Doesn’t matter what the subject is, really. If they love something and talk about it passionately, I get fired up, too!
- What’s your secret passion?
- You’d be surprised if you saw my _______.
Shoe collection. ‘Cause it ain’t small — that’s all I have to say. I only wear about half of the pairs these days because I recently decided to only wear shoes that I could easily outrun zombies in…because it’s only a matter of time before Z-Day goes down, obvs.
- One thing you love about your job?
My boss. He’s such a sh*t talker, but as far as bosses go, he’s not half bad.
- Something you have to do this week?
Make an appointment to get my hair did. My roots are completely out of control!
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. One makeup or beauty product you can’t stop hoarding?
2. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
3. I’m happiest when ______.
4. Don’t be afraid of ______.
5. What’s one of your mantras?
6. Something that inspires you?
7. What’s your secret passion?
8. You’d be surprised if you could see my ______.
9. One thing you love about your job?
10. Something you have to do this week?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. It’s nice to be back home! I miss you.
P.P.S. You. $50. Sephora? You still have time to enter this week’s gift card giveaway for Sephora (ends tonight at midnight).