You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past five years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever had a pet other than a cat, dog or fish?
When I was a kid, our house was like a zoo. 🙂 I had a guinea pig, a cockatiel, a few mice, rabbits — oh, and cats and dogs, of course. I think there was also a turtle up in the mix.
- Are you more shy or outgoing?
Mot of the time, outgoing, but shy when I’m really, really exhausted and don’t have the energy to converse.
- If archeologists discovered the Fountain of Youth, would you drink from it?
I think I’d wait a while and let some people go before me to make sure it works, LOL! You know, sometimes those things have curses attached to ’em. But I’d leave the door open to changing my mind later in life.
- What are your favorite bar soaps (Dove, Olay, etc.)?
Dr. Bronner’s All-One Hemp Lavender Magic Soap, because it doubles as a great cleanser for makeup brushes! It removes everything (even dried, caked-on foundation and concealer) and rinses quickly.
- What do you like about your hair?
I like that it’s wavy. It suits my personality.
- What’s the best eye makeup tip you’ve learned lately?
Last Saturday I learned a really good one from Liza, one of the makeup artists at the Corte Madera Nordstrom MAC counter (hey, Liza!).
After you apply your eyeshadow base (say, like a MAC Paint Pot), dust a thin layer of powder on your lids before applying your eyeshadow.
The powder evens out your base so that it doesn’t adhere to some colors more than others, reducing the chances of your eye makeup looking patchy, or darker or lighter in some places than others.
- Are you a baker? What do you bake?
I can’t cook for sh*t, but I’m actually a pretty decent baker. I appreciate the precision of it — the timing and ingredient ratios. It reminds me of chem lab.
I can bake cookies, cakes and cupcakes from scratch; I haven’t tried making candies yet, but I think I’d do okay.
- What’s your typical face makeup routine for work/school?
1) MAC Face and Body (cheeks and nose), 2) Bobbi Brown Peach Color Corrector (beneath my eyes), 3) Hourglass Arch (brows), Clarins Be Long Mascara (lashes), 4) Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope Face Kit in Flawless (powder all over my face, blush on my cheeks, bronzer under my cheekbones and highlighter on my upper cheekbones), 5) MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (upper lash line for cat eye liner), 6) MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl (lower lash and water lines) and 7) MAC Impassioned Lipstick.
- What should you be doing today?
Prepping for my trip to Las Vegas (I leave tomorrow for Photoshop World), writing and packing. All I really want to do, though, is watch 24 and paint my nails, le sigh.
- What kind of phone do you have?
An iPhone 5. It’s a company phone. Tabs prefers to communicate via cell phone here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC (he’s all about the texting).
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Have you ever had a pet other than a cat, dog or fish?
2. Are you more shy or outgoing?
3. If there was a real fountain of youth, would you drink from it?
4. What are your favorite bar soaps?
5. What do you like about your hair?
6. What’s the best eye makeup tip you’ve learned lately?
7. Are you a baker? What do you bake?
8. What’s your typical face makeup routine for work/school?
9. What should you be doing today?
10.What kind of phone do you have?
Have a great week! 🙂 And to help with any potential pitfalls that may come along, here are some things that might help…
- Turn off your phone
- Use a different pen
- Try free writing
- Curse more, dammit! (It can be liberating.)
- Write lists (5 Things I Can Do Differently Today, 5 Things Standing in My Way, 5 of My Greatest Strengths, 5 Fantastic Kitten Names)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. What’s a great way to start the week? How about by winning a $50 e-gift card to Sephora? You still have time to enter. The giveaway closes tonight at midnight, so don’t delay (click here). Good luck!