You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past five years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you twerk?
Only on Tuesdays…
- What’s the first song lyric that comes to mind?
“Eliza, oh-oh-oh-oh, please don’t go-oh-oh-oh-oh.” It’s from a song called (surprise!) Eliza, by The Bamboos, my current music obsession.
- Do you ever straighten your hair?
Yup, but only when I have 30-45 minutes to spare for a good blow-out with my T3 hairdryer and a round boar hair brush.
- Your biggest current skincare concern?
Fine lines and wrinkles. I’m 38, and it’s like, I know where this bus is heading, but I’d still like to get there gracefully, if you know what I mean.
- Finish the sentence: I feel beautiful when…
- El Hub’s eyes widen and he smiles when he notices that I’ve done something differently with my look.
- When I get enough sleep.
- When I’m on a relaxing vacation.
- When a stranger pays me a nice compliment out of the blue.
- When my hair is behaving…or at least isn’t totally out of control.
- Current favorite face wash?
Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser is my jam.
- Have you ever been tubing/white water rafting?
Nope, but it sure sounds fun!
- What are you wearing today (hair/makeup/clothes)?
- What’s your skin type (dry/oily/combo)?
Combination oily and dry, with an acne-prone chin.
- Summarize your best makeup advice in a single sentence:
Keep an open mind, and dare to try new products/techniques/looks, because you never know when you’ll stumble upon something you love!
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Do you twerk?
2. What’s the first song lyric that comes to mind?
3. Do you ever straighten your hair?
4. Your biggest current skincare concern?
5. Finish the sentence: I feel beautiful when…
6. Current favorite face wash?
7. Have you ever been tubing/white water rafting?
8. What are you wearing today (hair/makeup/clothes)?
9. What’s your skin type (dry/oily/combo)?
10. Summarize your best makeup advice in a single sentence:
Got my Evernote open and ready! All signs point toward a great day.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Almost forgot! You still have through today to enter last weekend’s giveaway for a $50 eGift card from Sephora (click here). It got started a little in the day on Saturday, so I extended it through today. Good luck!