It may still be summer, but at makeup counters everywhere, autumn leaves are starting to fall.
August brings even more fall makeup, and it’s time to say one last goodbye to July. Here were some of my favorite posts of the month.
- Urban Decay Fall 2009 Lipstick Swatches and a Helluva Lot of Randomness
“These aren’t colors I’d wear to Safeway to buy bananas, but they’re still a lot of fun. And should I ever get turned by Vampire Bill (VB!), I could wear Oilslick and Confession all the time.”
- Lancome Declaring Indigo Fall 2009: Enough to Make My Brown Eyes Blue
“Virtuose Mascara in Royal Blue ($25) nearly blinded me with bling when I first laid eyes on her. A dark blue mascara with golden glitter, this baby curls, lengthens and defines lashes like nobody’s bidness.”
- The Lovely Chanel Venice Rouge Allure Lipsticks
“These browns, pinks and plums aren’t terribly extreme or edgy, but they’re pretty and look natural, and to me that adds up to easy-to-wear. ”
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Frenzy: A Pink Pigmentation Bonanza!
“I love the rich, blinged-out look of this shade, but truth be told it’s hella high maintenance. How high maintenance is it? Frenzy’s like the Kimora Lee Simmons of the lipgloss world!”
- Urban Decay Face of the Day with Freakshow Deluxe Eyeshadow, Fall 2009
“Freakshow, a shimmery purple with reddish hints, is one of three Deluxe Eyeshadows from Urban Decay’s fall 2009 collection. I used it and some MAC products for this pink, purple and bronze eye…”
- I’m Seeing Stars Thanks to MAC Love That Look
“The uber-frosty Starflash Eye Shadows headline this show, focusing tons of attention on the eyes, BAM! There’s nothing subtle at all about these powder shadows, so be prepared for bling when you wear ‘em.”
- MAC Gets Crafty with Wearable Colors in the Colour Craft Collection
“…Colour Craft took me by surprise. The bulk of this humungo 33-piece collection actually consists of — gasp! — wearable shades. MAC gave us a good mix of shimmery neutrals, golds and bronzes along with fun pops of purple, pink, blue and orange thrown in for eyes.”
- Chanel Venice Collection Eye Gloss Turns Up the Intensity
“When layered beneath powder eyeshadows, most cream shadows bump up the intensity of a powder shadow by maybe 50%. The Eye Glosses, however, increase the richness of colors by 2-3 times (100-150%!).”
- Illamasqua Cream Blusher Stays On Like Donkey Kong
“Even in hella hot weather, Rude doesn’t fade. Where other cream blushes have melted away, like when I’m covered in sweat, pulling a Whitney circa the Bobby Brown years, Illamasqua Cream Blusher’s still going strong.”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,