You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- BEE-BOO-BEEP! Fast-forward to the year 2115. What does the average woman carry in her purse?
- A portable smoothie machine half the size of an iPhone
- Her wallet, of course, but all of her credit cards and keys will be digitized, so she won’t have to worry about forgetting her ATM card in the machine, and every cash register will use optical scanners and voice recognition.
- She’ll also definitely have her makeup bag, but it won’t be much different than they are now. Maybe the bag will open by itself, and then, like, cool-@ss rainbow fog will come out, and a special song will play, but she’ll still carry the basics in there, like lipsticks, powder, face brush.
I don’t think it’ll be like The Jetsons, though. Everybody always thinks that by the year 2000-whatever, we’ll have flying cars and teleportation and computers in our brains, but it never happens! I don’t know… I think it’ll be pretty close to the same as it is now for makeup…but what do I know? I talk to my cat. 🙂
All. The. Time. LOL.
- On a scale of 1-10, with one being sluggish and 10 being jazzed up, what’s your current energy level?
- What was your best hairstyle of all time?
Probably the one that I had a couple years ago. It was a little longer and a few shades lighter than my hair now — like a caramel brown with lighter golden pieces throughout it.
LOVED the color and the style, but oh! — it was hard to maintain. I kept having to go back to the salon because, you know how it is when you have darker hair and you go lighter, it’s kind of a process. I’d spend half the day at the salon every time I’d go in for a touchup.
But it was fun for a while… I might try it again someday.
- All you need is love and…
- …a cat, obviously. 🙂
- …a cup of hot coffee or tea
- …eight hours of sleep
- …a toothbrush
- …a pair of really great shoes
- …some spanx
- …a tub of ice cream
- Fashion fringe (shoes, boots, clothes, bags): a do or a don’t?
Eeah. I don’t want to say “a don’t,” because I can totally see myself saying, “Oh, they’re a don’t!” and then falling in love with a fringe bag the next week.
Sooo, a maybe? I don’t know… I love the idea of ’20s-style flapper fringe on a dress, or a cute ankle boot with a little fringe, but I’m not so much into Western-style fringe, like on a jacket or a purse.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. BEE-BOO-BEEP! Fast-forward to the year 2115. What does the average woman carry in her purse?
2. On a scale of 1-10, with one being sluggish and 10 being jazzed up, what’s your current energy level?
3. What was your best hairstyle of all time?
4. All you need is love and…
5. Fashion fringe (shoes, boots, clothes, bags): a do or a don’t?
Good morning, my friend. I’m still waking up. If you’re fully awake, could I please borrow some of your energy to perk me up? I’m actually on my second cup of tea already, but this will probably be a three-cupper day.
Maybe even a four-cupper.
How was your Mother’s Day? I hope it was really nice. Mine was fun. My brother and I took my mom out to dim sum, and my dad tagged along.
We ordered WAY too much food, too, but you know…that’s how it goes.
Have a wonderful week. I’m really hoping to get more of my housecleaning/office fixing project done because I made a lot of headway last week with the pink shelving, but things sort of tapered off toward the weekend. I just have to get back into it and keep the momentum going.
So that’s one of my main goals. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,