You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- In a world where you had to dye your hair an extravagant color (think the Capitol in The Hunger Games), what color would it be?
This one’s easy. 🙂 Pale pink. Super light pale pink, like cotton candy pink.
And if I were feeling extra sassy, I’d do a mint green streak right across my side-swept bangs. A fat mint green streak.
If we really did live in the Capitol from The Hunger Games…I would find a way to get glitter-tipped ends. Some days it would be gold glitter or silver glitter, and some days it would be teal glitter.
- If you could be a clothing designer for a day, what would you design for yourself?
Definitely a trench coat, because I’ve had a really hard time finding one that fits me correctly (I’m only 5’1″). They’re either too long — like the arms are too long, or the coat is too long, and it overtakes me, and I look like I’m wearing my mom’s coat — or there are too many buttons and buckles and things happening in the front.
- If you were to make and sell something on Etsy, what would it be?
Custom couture cat harnesses with Swarovski crystals.
- What’s your number one rule for using social media?
My number one rule is to step away from the keyboard when I’m feeling heated (read: p*ssed off). That, and always making sure I’m using the correct “your.” Y-o-u-r, or y-o-u-‘-r-e.
- What’s a career you think you might like to try in your life?
Hmm… Well, being an astronaut is probably out of the question at this point, but I might like to try being a young adult author, or maybe a broadcaster for some kind of goofy show…
Or a food photographer.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. In a world where you had to dye your hair an extravagant color (think the Capitol in The Hunger Games), what color would it be?
2. If you could be a clothing designer for a day, what would you design for yourself?
3. If you were to make and sell something on Etsy, what would it be?
4. What’s your number one rule for using social media?
5. What’s a career you think you might like to try in your life?
Good morning! 🙂
So I started doing this thing every morning that I really enjoy. I don’t know if I’ve told you about it yet, but when I first wake up, I do a few minutes of morning meditation in bed.
I use this app called buddhify on my phone, and it doesn’t take long. Some of the exercises are 5 minutes (you just follow along with the speaker, and they all have wonderfully soothing voices), and some of them are 8 minutes. They’re a great way to start the day and get out of bed on the right foot — especially on Mondays when I’m not super fired up.
In other news, I’m almost done with my second cup of tea right now and thinking about having a third. 🙂
Hope you have a good day today, and have a great week.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,