You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How often do you venture out of your makeup comfort zone?
Maybe twice a week… Or sometimes three. Fairly often, I guess, but not as often as I’d like. Heck, though, if I had all the time in the world, I’d go buck wild. I’d be trying something new every day, like a new eyeshadow placement or a different blush technique, because what would it matter? If I had unlimited time, even if something turned out looking absolutely hideous, I’d just wipe it off and start fresh.
One new thing I’ve been doing a lot lately are quick timed eye looks of five or 10 minutes just to see if I can do ’em, because, truth be told, I’m naturally prone to dilly-dallying.
Last Saturday I tried this five-minute makeup look by Lisa Eldridge, and actually did the dang thang in five minutes! The only thing I didn’t do was the spot concealing, which I swapped out for a black tight-line along my upper lashes instead, because that’s how I roll, yo.
- What’s a makeup, skin care or hair care product that’s been rocking your world lately?
Ooh! Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water ($18), which I used last Saturday instead of MAC Fix+.
My skin’s been very dry lately because it gets freakishly windy out here in Novato every fall. (It knocked my favorite flower planter off our deck the other night.) And the vampiric wind sucks every molecule of moisture from my skin, especially after I go for my daily walk.
I wanted to try this Avene spray because I’d heard that it’s supposed to be soothing and great for sensitive skin, and it is! I’ll use it right when I start my whole makeup process (before putting anything on). I spray it directly on my bare skin, and then I also like to spray it on my face again after I’m done, like after powdering, bronzing, blushing, etc., because it also takes everything down a notch so my face makeup looks less like cake frosting.
‘Tis good stuff!
- What are you wearing on your nails right meow?
The remnants of last week’s RMS Beauty Nail Polish mani with creamy orange Curious and shimmery golden Solar.
I totally intended to do my nails last night and go with something dark and dramatic, but I fell asleep watching TV on the couch, whoops!
- When you take breaks during the workday (I hope you take breaks), do you like to take them with someone else, or do you prefer to spend the time alone?
Ya know…it kind of depends on whether I’m hormonal, haha! Normally, I’d always rather take my breaks with a friend, but when I’m really moody, I think it’s better for everyone involved if I take them by myself. 🙂
- Someone you admired when you were a kid?
Country singer Crystal Gayle!
Fo’ reals, though. I greatly admired her long and glossy brown hair…
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. How often do you venture out of your makeup comfort zone?
2. What’s a makeup, skin care or hair care product that’s been rocking your world lately?
3. What are you wearing on your nails right meow?
4. When you take breaks during the workday (I hope you take breaks), do you like to take them with someone else, or do you prefer to spend the time alone?
5. Someone you admired when you were a kid?
Happy Monday, sweet pea. I hope your coffee (or tea) tastes extra wonderful today.
I’m having a good one so far because yesterday I managed to get Tabs to wear a seashell mermaid bra top…
Yup, cross that one off mah bucket list! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,