You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What was one of your most memorable jobs and why?
Summer before my senior year in college I worked as an assistant at the English language lab for foreign exchange students.
Hands down the best job I ever had. The job itself was easy peasy. All I had to do was check out materials to the students at the language lab at the start of the class, and then check them back in at the end. The rest of the time I studied for the LSATS, hung out and helped people with their English. The best part, though, was meeting people from all over the world.
It was a lot of fun. I ended up making really good friends with some students from Italy and Japan.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever traveled from home?
Home for me is the San Francisco Bay Area, and the farthest I’ve ever traveled from here was to the Philippines about 7,000 miles away — once when I was a baby and again in my early 20s.
- When I’m really excited I…
Talk fast! With my hands! And I make lots of lists like “Top 5 Things I Should Do Today.”
- How would your best friend describe you?
Funny and devoted with a flair for the dramatic. Over-achiever. Cat lady. Writer.
- What are three traits you inherited from your parents?
1) My dad’s odd sense of humor and 2) stubbornness, and 3) my mom’s love for cleanliness.
- What are three things or events that have made you who you are today?
1) Deciding not to go to law school, 2) meeting El Hub (for our first date we met in front of Green Apple Books in SF) and 3) finding Tabs.
- Five adjectives that describe your current makeup style?
Eclectic, evolving, adventurous, shimmery, playful
- If you could permanently ban a single word from general usage, what word would it be?
- What’s the best mood booster?
The quickest one for me is listening to upbeat dance music, but when I have some time and mental space, then I like to take a shower, do my hair, put on my makeup and an outfit with non-stretchy pants!
Then I feel like a real person again…
- You can ask any celebrity for hair/beauty/makeup advice. Whom and what do you ask?
I’d ask Kim Kardashian to hook me up with Troy Jensen, her makeup artist, for a makeover. His work is amazing!
1. What was one of your most memorable jobs and why?
2. What’s the farthest you’ve ever traveled from home?
3. When I’m really excited I…
4. How would your best friend describe you?
5. What are three traits you inherited from your parents?
6. What are three things or events that have made you who you are today?
7. Five adjectives that describe your current makeup style?
8. If you could permanently ban a single word from general usage, what word would it be?
9. What’s the best mood booster?
10. You can ask any celebrity for hair/beauty/makeup advice. Whom and what do you ask?
I’m thrilled to be back in the Bay Area again (well, at least for the next two days) with my laptop on the couch!
It’s so nice to be home… Have a wonderful week, okay?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,