You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How many jobs have you had in your life?
I’ve been working since I was 15, so this’ll take a minute to process. Let’s see… I’ve had 17 jobs over the past 23 years.
Holy crap! That’s what happens when you don’t know what you want to be when you grow up. Some of my favorite gigs were pet sitter/dog walker, foreign language lab assistant (I did this for three years in college and loved it) freelance writer and beauty blogger. Some of my least favorites were telemarketer (absolutely awful, but I learned how to handle myself on the phone), PR associate (the ink had barely dried on my business cards before I left this one) and ER intern (OMG, blood!).
- How many letters are there in your full name?
A lot. 30. Wow!
- What’s the first color that comes to mind?
- If you could speak any language you don’t speak now, what would it be?
Italiano! I would love to vivere in Italia for a few years… Well, more accurately, I would love to spend a few years eating my way through Italy.
- What’s one makeup-related thing you would like to learn?
It’s not a single thing, per se, but I’d like to learn how to do cray-cray special effects makeup and be able to make myself up like the Terminator and just walk around Trader Joe’s buying fruit and chips, looking like a cyborg.
I wonder if dogs would bark at me…
- Do you ever wear body glitter?
Does Michael Kors Leg Shine count? If so, then yes. If not, then no. Probably not since around 2001.
- Where do you usually get your hair cut/styled?
Alis Peralta at A-Line salon in Corte Madera for my cuts and colors. Highly recommended. I’ve been going to Alis for a few years.
- Do you have a favorite drugstore makeup brand (for color products)?
Ooh, that’s a tough one. There are so many great drugstore brands out there. I like Neutrogena for their lip and cheek products, NYX for their eye makeup and Sonia Kashuk for just about everything.
- Best shampoo under $10?
I love the gud by Burt’s Bees shampoos, especially in the Orange Petalooza and Ruby Red Groovy scents. They’re pretty mild, so no stripping, and don’t leave behind heavy residues or layers of goo. And they smell flurbing fantastic, too, all fresh and citrusy.
- What’s the most important task on your to-do list today?
To track down my wetsuit and give it a good rinse. I gotta start packing for my surf trip to San Diego on Thursday.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How many jobs have you had in your life?
2. How many letters are there in your full name?
3. What’s the first color that comes to mind?
4. If you could speak any language you don’t speak now, what would it be?
5. What’s one makeup-related thing you would like to learn?
6. Do you ever wear body glitter?
7. Where do you usually get your hair cut/styled?
8. Do you have a favorite drugstore makeup brand (for color products)?
9. Best shampoo under $10?
10. What’s the most important task on your to-do list today?
Last weekend wasn’t long enough, was it? I wish we could all meet up at the movies today.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,