You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever had a bunk bed?
No, and I desperately wanted one. I begged and pleaded with my parents every year as a child, even though I had my own room and didn’t have to share one with my brother.
I just liked the idea of sleeping in the upper bunk of a bunk bed. It seemed like the coolest thing ever for sleepovers and impromptu forts constructed with blankets and whatnot.
- Are you working on any self-improvement projects?
Yup, time management.
I can’t say it’s a new project, though, because I’ve been working on it for, oh, about 38 years, LOL!
I’m also trying to increase my upper body strength — you know, so I can change the 5-gallon water jugs myself and open bottles of pasta sauce without asking for help.
- When was the last time you wore a fancy formal gown?
My wedding in July of 2006.
- How long does it take you to do your eye makeup in the morning?
Usually between 5-15 minutes. Longer if I plan to take face pics.
- How many different places have you lived?
Eight, from the time I was born until now.
- This week I’d like to [FILL IN THE BLANK].
Remember to stop and smell the roses every day, and finish working by 6 every night (7 at the absolute latest!).
- When was the last time you went to Vegas (have you ever been to Vegas)?
It’s been a minute, that’s for sure. I think it was Blogworld back in 2009.
I want to go back, but not because I’m a big gambler (other than playing Kitty Glitter). I want to go back for the sights, the spas and the good restaurants.
- What’s your favorite doughnut?
Ooh! That’s a tough one. Glazed, or plain cake doughnuts, especially with a cup of coffee in the morning.
And if I’m feeling extra fancy, lemon jelly-filled. 🙂
- How often do you prepare meals for yourself?
Daily. Working as a demanding kitty supermodel’s personal assistant, I find that it’s usually quicker to prepare a quick lunch in the kitchen here at the office than it is to go out.
El Hub and I will do takeout once or twice a week — usually Thai, Japanese or Mexican — but most nights we eat in.
- Did you have any posters on your bedroom walls as a kid or when you were a teenager?
SO MANY! — but the cheesiest one, by far, was the huge New Kids on the Block poster next to my desk, haha!
Second cheesiest: that one with the fluffy kitten hanging by its paws from the tree branch with the words, “Hang in there.” I had that one on the back of my closest door.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Have you ever had a bunk bed?
2. Are you working on any self-improvement projects?
3. When was the last time you wore a fancy formal gown?
4. How long does it take you to do your eye makeup in the morning?
5. How many different places have you lived?
6. This week I’d like to [FILL IN THE BLANK].
7. When was the last time you went to Vegas?
8. What’s your favorite doughnut?
9. How often do you prepare meals for yourself?
10. Did you have any posters on your bedroom walls as a kid or when you were a teenager?
Deep breath in, deep breath out. Now, ahhhh…
What do you say we make a pact right now to not stress out too much this week?
It’s important. I’m game if you are.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,