You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How do you feel about music festivals?
I’ve gotta say…I’ve been to a few, and they’re just not really my thing.
I can never see what’s happening on stage (#shortpeopleproblems), my feet ache from standing so long (again, while unable to see the stage), and porta potties just really, REALLY freak me out.
Most of the time, I’d rather watch pre-recorded performances on TV from the comfort of my living room couch.
- Something you used to wear that now makes you cringe whenever you see yourself wearing it in old pictures?
Egad, remember those cheesy plastic choker necklaces from the late ’90s? I’m wearing one (and sometimes two) in almost every one of my “We’re going to da club!” pics from that era.
I had ‘em in a bunch of different colors, too, haha!
Last time I went home, I saw one hanging from a hook as a decoration in my parent’s bathroom…
- What’s more fun for you — doing your hair, nails or makeup?
Nails are more of a relaxing thing for me, and my hair tends to be a chore.
- Have you ever gone on vacation by yourself?
Nope, but I’ve been thinking about taking a long spa weekend by myself sometime soon.
I love traveling with friends or El Hub, but I also like (okay, LOVE) the idea of being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want to do it.
- How did you meet your closest friend(s)?
We went to elementary school together. I met Jen in second grade and Cindy in third, but it wasn’t until high school that we all started hanging out together regularly.
- Three things you’re grateful for right now?
The sunshine outside my window, afternoon naps (because I napped yesterday and feel well rested today), and uplifting songs.
- What time did you wake up this morning?
At exactly 5:55. I just opened my eyes, too. No tabby or other alarm clocks.
- Three things on your desk right now?
A small quartz rock, a purple gel pen (Uniball Vision Elite Micro 0.5…the BEST!) and a bottle of Vitamin Water Zero in Squeezed.
- Something you’d like to do this summer?
Swim in a lake.
- Did you pick up any new makeup or beauty products last weekend?
I swung by a MAC counter on Saturday to get a new 224 (misplaced mine), a 109 Small Contour Brush and a Veluxe Brow Liner in Deep Dark Brunette
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How do you feel about music festivals?
2. Something you used to wear that now makes you cringe whenever you see yourself wearing it in old pictures?
3. What’s more fun for you — doing your hair, nails or makeup?
4. Have you ever gone on vacation by yourself?
5. How did you meet your closest friend(s)?
6. Three things you’re grateful for right now?
7. What time did you wake up this morning?
8. Three things on your desk right now?
9. Something you’d like to do this summer?
10. Did you pick up any new makeup or beauty products last weekend?
How are you feeling this morning? Do you feel ready for the week?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,