You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you have very many baby pictures of yourself?
Not many, because it was the ’70s, before digital cameras made it so easy to accumulate 847 pictures on your iPhone.
Just one slim album of faded snapshots at my parents’ house.
I guess I should be thankful that there aren’t more of them, since I’m either half dressed, crying or both in every single pic, haha!
- One piece of makeup you wore last weekend?
Maybelline’s Full ‘N Soft Waterproof Mascara, and thank goodness for it, too!
I had the worst allergies last Saturday. Something my body doesn’t like must be blooming right now because I could barely see out of my watery, itchy eyes. We went out to a nice lunch up in Yountville, which is up near Napa, so I really wanted to wear something, but I kept my eye makeup to a minimum with just a cream shadow on my lids and a couple layers of Full ‘N Soft Waterproof.
- Have you ever been on a road trip in an RV?
Oh, yes. Have I ever. My parents got a motorhome back in the late ’80s, thinking it would be the greatest thing for the whole family to hit the open road and see the countryside.
We drove all up and down California and the Northwest states in that thing. I was a tween at the time, and the last thing I wanted was to spend my every waking minute, for days on end, trapped in a cramped space with my parents (the whole teenage rebellion thing, ya know?).
I remember spending a lot of time sulking in the corner, looking out the windows and listening to tapes on my Walkman.
Yes, Walkman. 🙂 Debbie Gibson was a fave.
- Is there a color of clothing you wear more than others?
Black! I wear it so often that I could probably pass for a New Yorker.
It’s easy, slimming, conceals tabby fur pretty well, and I can toughen it up or go super girly, depending on my shoes and accessories.
- Do you believe you have a sixth sense about anything?
I don’t know. Maybe? There have been a few times when I’ve have a very distinct image or clear understanding of something pop into my head, seemingly out of nowhere, and then days later, I’ll see what I saw play out in real life.
I tend to go with my gut a lot when it comes to big decisions, and it’s usually right (thankfully), so maybe that’s also something like a sixth sense…or just good guessing.
- Today, I’m going to ______.
Finish my work by 5, and try to enjoy each and every moment along the way (or as many of them as possible).
- If you could snap your fingers and improve any one aspect of your daily work life, what would you change and why?
I’d do something about my time management. I have a really, really tough time estimating how long tasks will take, and if I’m not given a strict deadline, I can almost guarantee I’ll lose track of time.
Or, I’d try to not be so hard on myself (she says after talking about how bad she is as time management, haha). I push myself pretty hard. Probably too hard, and I don’t think its healthy.
- What’s one piece of makeup you’ve probably worn a thousand times before?
MAC Nymphette Lipglass… It was one of my MAC gateway products.
- Who are some people (and pets!) in your support system?
El Hub, Tabs (in his own weird way), my parents and brother, my friends Jen and Cindy, and you, of course. 🙂
- Are you wearing any jewelry today?
My wedding ring, a silver Tiffany bangle and a pair of long chain earrings.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Do you have very many baby pictures of yourself?
2. One piece of makeup you wore last weekend?
3. Have you ever been on a road trip in an RV?
4. Is there a color of clothing you wear more than others?
5. Do you believe you have a sixth sense about anything?
6. Today, I’m going to ______.
7. If you could snap your fingers and improve any one aspect of your daily work life, what would you change and why?
8. What’s one piece of makeup you’ve probably worn a thousand times before?
9. Who are some people (and pets!) in your support system?
10. Are you wearing any jewelry today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,