You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
The left (my right?). El Hub sleeps on my left.
Which reminds me, he does thing thing where he rolls in his sleep like a log down a hill, and it’s always in the same clockwise direction. When he’s really fired up and just rolling and rolling, I up half the night whispering to him, “Sweetie, roll the other way. You’re rolling again. Go the other way.”
Haha! Otherwise, he’ll roll me right off the bed.
- This summer, I hope to __________.
Make the most of every ray of sunshine, and spend as much time as possible outside.
- When was the last time you visited a museum?
Geez, I honestly can’t remember… Maybe a few years ago to the San Francisco Academy of Sciences.
Wow, it has been a while. Gotta rectify that.
- Would you ever consider letting your hair go completely gray?
I’ve flirted with the idea. Everyone in my family goes gray early (hair color is my BFF). I think I can picture myself with long, luxurious gray hair, but I’m not ready yet.
Ask me again in roughly 13 years.
- Have you ever lost your phone?
Thank goodness, no (knock on wood!). That would be right up there with losing my wallet.
- Do you like to listen to music in the car?
Yes, if I’m by myself or with just one other person, but sometimes in a packed car, with the radio blaring and everyone talking at the same time, it’s just too much. I get stimulus overload.
- What kind of cake would you like for your birthday?
Mmm… Cake. A moist and light, melt-in-your-mouth white layer cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting, and/or a pistachio ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.
- Favorite four places to get your grub on in your town?
Well, Novato isn’t exactly a culinary capital of the world (or the Bay Area), but I have some favorite spots. If you’re ever out this way, try Arun Thai or Tavola for dinner, Marvin’s for breakfast or brunch, and Rustic Bakery for pastries, soups and salads.
Whoa! My tummy just rumbled…
- What are a couple of reasons you like to wear makeup?
Because it goes great with chronic insomnia, haha. But seriously, I think I look more rested when I’m wearing a little concealer and mascara. And then there’s the whole artistic, creative side of it that I’ve always enjoyed. I also feel like it’s a craft where there’s always room to grow, so it’s challenging in a fun, relaxing way.
- If today were T-Shirt Slogan Day, and everyone was wearing a t-shirt with a phrase on the front, what would your t-shirt say?
“Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
2. This summer, I hope to __________.
3. When was the last time you visited a museum?
4. Would you ever consider letting your hair go completely gray?
5. Have you ever lost your phone?
6. Do you like to listen to music in the car?
7. What kind of cake would you like for your birthday?
8. Top four places to eat in your town?
9. What are a couple of reasons you like to wear makeup?
10. If it’s T-Shirt Slogan Day, what does your t-shirt say?
Okay, gimme a big smile.
Are you smiling…? I hope so. It’s Monday, we’re in it together, and we’re going to have a great week!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,