You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s the first thought that crossed your mind this morning?
“I can sleep for 10 more minutes…” Let me tell ya, I did not want to get up this morning. I would have kept hitting the snooze button if it hadn’t been for Tabs, who was aggressively up in my grill begging for breakfast.
- Have you been reading anything lately?
The Great Gatsby. Re-reading it. I want to get through it before the new Baz Lurhmann version comes out with Leo.Advertisement
I’ve also sort of committed to reading some of the classics again this year — you know, the things they made us read in school. If you have any favorites, please let me know!
- When was the last time you wore false lashes?
- What are your three secrets to happiness?
- To pick your battles carefully (in other words, you can’t win ’em all or do everything)
- To look for silver linings everywhere
- To adopt stray cats 😉
- Do you prefer eye shadow palettes or single pans?
OOH! So tough. Well, for traveling, definitely palettes, but if I’m not going far from home, then single pans.
- What’s one of your imperfections that you cherish?
I’m probably a little more — okay a lot more! — emotional than many folks, and it’s kind of a pain in the @ss, because I take everything to heart. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve cried in front of strangers on trains/on the phone/at the supermarket/etc. because of something small, and it’s a struggle sometimes to keep it together.
But at the same time, I’m thankful for my emotions. I think they help me empathize with others and express myself creatively.
- Has a skincare product ever changed your life?
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic has. It’s been a minor miracle for me. Since I started using it, my skin definitely feels smoother, I get fewer breakouts around my chin, which is one of my troubled spots, and I think my skin tone just looks more even.
Love the stuff!
- Do you like your hair better long or short?
For the most part, long. It depends. I go through phases, but I always return to long.
I like keeping my hair short, too, but weirdly it’s so much more work. I can’t just ignore it when it’s short. I have to style it, but when it’s long, I can just throw it in a bun or ponytail and not have to think about it. Plus, when it’s cold in winter, longer hair sure keeps my head and neck warmer.
- Is there something you’re currently lemming?
Yargh, the YSL Summer collection. I keep thinking about the quads and the new Manifesto perfume…
- Write yourself a Post-It note:
“Be bold, take risks, and do not be afraid to fail!”
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. What’s the first thought that crossed your mind this morning?
2. Have you been reading anything lately?
3. When was the last time you wore false lashes?
4. What are your three secrets to happiness?
5. Do you prefer eye shadow palettes or single pans?
6. What’s one of your imperfections that you cherish?
7. Has a skincare product ever changed your life?
8. Do you like your hair better long or short?
9. Is there something you’re currently lemming?
10. Write yourself a Post-It note:
Give yourself a big hug for me today. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,