You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you usually apply your making sitting down or standing up?
Mostly sitting down in my office, but I’ll do touch-ups standing up when in the bathroom, like while I’m doing my hair.
You know how sometimes when you take a step back and see everything from that extra foot away in the mirror, it totally changes your perspective?
- Have you ever cried at work?
Oh, hell yeah. Many, many times. When I worked in the city, I even had a special bathroom stall that I always went to when I needed to cry. It was my safe place, and um…I spent a lot of time in there.
I think my co-workers thought I had serious digestive issues…
- When was the last time you wore body glitter in the daytime?
Hmm… Full-on body glitter? Probably Vegas in 2003.
I did also wear Michael Kors Leg Shimmer last summer on Kauai…but I don’t know if that counts.
- You just ordered a deli sandwich. Do you eat the pickle it comes with?
I do, if it’s crunchy and not dripping in pickle juice.
- Share a good memory from your high school years.
Picture it: a band nerd. I played with the orchestra in a few school musicals, like A Chorus Line, West Side Story and Damn Yankees and had so much fun doing West Side Story!
The flute parts were off the hook! Jen and I were the only flautists in the band and spent the the better part of each music class passing notes and talking about boys.
Ah, to be 16 and completely clueless again… Good times. 🙂
- Something looming over your head that you need to get done sooner than later?
I need to go to the DMV this week, argh!
But the lines, the crankiness, the horrendous florescent lighting. Every time I go to the DMV I break out in hives, but on a positive note, the DMV is like Disneyland compared to the telephone system at Kaiser.
- Do you have a favorite downtime/weekend scent?
Lately, Bobbi Brown Beach perfume. THE BEST SATURDAY SCENT! Hands down.
- List your shower routine from start to finish.
First, I wash my hair, then run conditioner through it from root to tip.
I let the conditioner sit and do its thing for a minute or two, and then I usually shave before rinsing off the conditioner.
Then I wash my face and body, and I don’t know why, but this always takes a minimum of 20 minutes.
I’ve tried to take five-minute showers but it never works out that way…
- What’s your stance on jumpsuits?
I like ’em in conservative, neutral colors like black or gray, and in a materials I could wear to work. No terry cloth, no bright colors, and definitely nothing that makes me look shorter than I already am.
- Have you ever traveled abroad?
I’ve been to the Philippines, Western Europe, Canada and Mexico.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Do you usually apply your making sitting down or standing up?
2. Have you ever cried at work?
3. When was the last time you wore body glitter in the daytime?
4. You just ordered a deli sandwich. Do you eat the pickle it comes with?
5. Share a good memory from your high school years.
6. Something looming over your head that you need to get done sooner than later?
7. What’s your weekend scent?
8. List your shower routine from start to finish.
9. What’s your stance on jumpsuits?
10. Have you ever traveled abroad?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. We’re gonna have a good week, you and I. I can feel it in my knees.