You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Mini or maxi dresses?
Minis. I always feel like a kid playing dress-up when I wear maxi dresses. Plus, I’ve yet to find one that I can wear off the rack without having to get it hemmed first.
Ah, the trials and tribulations of barely being five feet tall/short…
- What’s one of the keys to happiness for you?
Always remembering that I have a say in the matter — whatever the matter may be. I can either choose to look on the bright side of things, or not.
Of course, this doesn’t always work, but it’s usually worth the try.
- What’s your take on big jewelry?
I like statement pieces in moderation, like, I think that a single large cocktail ring, a pair of chandelier earrings or a bib necklace can look great…but maybe not all at the same time (which is what a part of me wants to wear).
- How do you feel about wearing scarves in spring (and on cool days in summer)?
Yes! I’m there. Scarves for all occasions. A lightweight scarf can jazz up any outfit, even a simple tank top and jeans or a summer dress. Add hoops and bright sandals, and I’m good.
- Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise birthday party?
- When was the last time you visited your childhood home?
Yesterday. My mom and dad hosted Easter Sunday lunch for me, El Hub, my brother and his girlfriend. They also extended the invite to Tabs…but he was busy and had to decline (haha!).
A good time was had by all, and I ate way too much fried food…
- Complete the following sentence: when in doubt, ______.
Shut your mouth, take a deep breath, and wait five minutes (unless it’s a life/death emergency) before you respond.
- Have you ever gone through the 10-items-or-less line at the grocery store with more than 10 items??
Yes…but in my defense, I really thought those 10 separate cans of Gravy Lover’s Friskies would count as one item. I mean, they were all the same chicken and giblets flavor.
- Are you left- or right-handed?
Right-handed for most things, except driving (when I’m chillaxing and driving with just one hand on the wheel).
- A beauty product you recently discovered that you really like?
Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel, because it’s been soothing an area on my chin after a breakout.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Mini or maxi dresses?
2. What’s one of the keys to happiness for you?
3. What’s your take on big jewelry?
4. How do you feel about wearing scarves in spring (and on cool days in summer)?
5. Has any one ever thrown you a surprise birthday party?
6. When was the last time you visited your childhood home?
7. Complete the following sentence: when in doubt, ______.
8. Have you ever gone through the 10-items-or-less line at the grocery store with more than 10 items??
9. Are you left- or right-handed?
10. A beauty product you recently discovered that you really like?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,