You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Have you ever awkwardly slipped or tripped in front of a large group of people (hopefully without getting hurt)?
OMG, YES! I was watching Wicked with my friend Cindy at a fancy theater some years back. Our seats were up in the nosebleed section, at the top of these really steep steps, and right at the start of intermission, Cindy and I decide to go grab a snack in the lobby, so we start heading down the stairs, and somehow — WHOOPS! — I miss a step and tumble all the way down…
Of course, I was wearing a dress with a flowy skirt at the time, and um…apparently I gave the patrons a different kind of show, if you know what I mean.
- Do you do blue eye liner?
Absolutely. I have brown eyes with a faint ring of dark blue around the outer edges, and I like the way blue liner makes the ring look more intense.
- Can you recommend a comfy pair of flats?
I can now! The striped pair of Dr. Scholl’s flats I saw at DSW last Friday.
Only reason I didn’t get them was because I couldn’t get over the huge silver buckle… Reminded me of the Green Bay Packers logo (and I’m a 49ers fan).
- Your current favorite makeup or beauty indulgence?
I seem to have developed a serious affinity for pricey eye creams and potions, which is probably linked to the fact that I’ll be turning 38 (!) in two months.
Anywho, lately I’ve been loving lightweight (but not light on pocketbooks; it’s $98!) Guerlain Super Aqua-Eye Serum, which moisturizes the heck out of my eye area. Plus, it absorbs quickly, doesn’t irritate my eyes and smells like roses.
- Did you deal with any sibling rivalry when you were growing up?
Oh, yeah. Big time. I was wildly jealous of my younger brother because I felt like my parents favored him. He got away with everything!
It led to many fights, but we eventually got over it…in our 30s, haha!
- I’m excited about _____.
It’s the new Stephenie Meyer movie coming out this Friday, and I’m thinking about going to the midnight showing.
- Name a great book you loved so much that you’ve read it at least twice.
The Age of Miracles, by Karen Thompson Walker. The writing will take your breath away (at least it did mine).
- Do you keep the fortunes from fortune cookies?
If they move me in some way, then yes, I keep them in my wallet for months. Sometimes years.
- How often do you do DIY (do it yourself) projects?
Um, never? But I love the idea. I want to be one of those ladies in the Lowe’s commercials happily painting a room or refinishing a dresser. It seems very satisfying… I just don’t ever seem to have enough time.
- Some of the best advice I ever received was to…
…be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn. 🙂
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Have you ever awkwardly slipped or tripped in front of a large group of people?
2. Do you do blue eye liner?
3. Can you recommend a comfy pair of flats?
4. Your current favorite makeup or beauty indulgence?
5. Did you deal with any sibling rivalry when you were growing up?
6. I’m excited about _____.
7. Name a great book you loved so much that you’ve read it at least twice.
8. Do you keep the fortunes from fortune cookies?
9. How often do you do DIY (do it yourself) projects?
10. Some of the best advice I ever received was to…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,