You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s a makeup brand you’ve been into lately?
- Dresses, skirts or pants?
Dresses when it’s warm, pants when it’s cold.
- Do you like pastel nails?
I do. Shiny, opaque pastel nails, please.
- Describe one of your typical makeup looks for work?
Typical? That’s not exactly the word I’d use to describe what I usually wear to work. As I work from home, my neighbors have seen quite a few interesting things through my office window over the years — Wonder Woman, Marge Simpson, Katy Perry, Katniss Everdeen and a whole ton of stuff involving a chubby tabby cat.
I always seem to get caught/noticed when I’m testing multiple products at the same time, which I do a lot, I’ll be sitting at my desk with, say, cat eyes and a bright cheek on one side of my face and smokey eyes and bronzer on the other.
If I had a nickel for every time the postman saw me looking completely insane (I’d have a LOT of nickels)…
- Rainbow suspenders?
Um, no. Not unless I’m starring in Office Space, and they’re holding my 25 pieces of flair.
- What was the highlight of your weekend?
Sunday, from start to finish. Sunday was an A+ day. I slept in, made breakfast (pancakes, and eggs over easy), and then El Hub and I went for a long hike around the Indian Valley Open Space Preserve here in Novato.
It was so sunny and warm and just felt great to be outside.
- If you had to make a major life change, would you prefer to ease your way into it and take baby steps, or dive in all at once?
All at once. I’d rather just get it over with.
- Where were you in 1999?
I was in my early 20s, living in San Francisco and working as a legal assistant at a law firm.
Not one of my favorite years… I felt like I was in constant upheaval, starting with the move to the city, living with roommates I didn’t know before moving in with them, working at a job I didn’t particularly like. Bluh.
- What’s something you’re grateful for today?
Sunshine! It makes everything better.
- Write yourself an nice note.
Karen, “Remember, one thing at a time. Don’t give up. You can do it.”
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. What’s a makeup brand you’ve been into lately?
2. Dresses, skirts or pants?
3. Do you like pastel nails?
4. Describe one of your typical makeup looks for work?
5. Rainbow suspenders?
6. Highlight of your weekend?
7. Do you prefer taking baby steps or diving in all at once?
8. Where were you in 1999?
9. Something you’re grateful for today?
10. Write yourself a nice note.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,