You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Mood: Relaxed and focused, and Iâ€™m marshalling every ounce of my zen this week to keep it that way.
- What was the last time you received a compliment you can credit to a beauty product?
Last week. I was wearing Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume, and when El Hub bear hugged me in the hallway, he said, “You and Tabs smell great!â€ Ha! Some of it had also rubbed off on Tabs.
- Current obsessions?
Yes, area rugs.
No, wait! Let me explain… The floor in my dining room and kitchen is tiled and gets almost arctically cold, and now that I actually have a dining room table (matter of fact, Iâ€™m sitting at it right now!), a warm rug would really cozy things up.
I’m also totally obsessed with Gillian Flynn’s book, Gone Girl. I cannot put it down!
- Something youâ€™ve been meaning to do but havenâ€™t gotten around to yet?
I want to go see Pitch Perfect at the movies. It looks rich in the kinds of good olâ€™ fashioned cheesy fun I like.
- What are some things that make you happy?
- A good pen
- Changing my scenery
- A cup of hot coffee or tea
- Sleeves with thumbholes
- El Hub
- It’s okay to _______.
- Pat yourself on the back
- Have chocolate for breakfast
- Try and fail
- What’s one thing you always do before leaving the house?
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been afraid of accidentally locking myself out of the house, so I always make sure to have my keys and phone in my right hand at the moment I walk out the door.
Same thing goes for the car…
- What’s something surprising you learned about yourself this year?
That I get more and more set in my ways as I get older. I keep having to push myself harder to try new things.
Eh, I’m workinâ€™ on it.
- Tell me something — anything — about your morning so far.
That Iâ€™ve yelled, “DON’T DRINK THAT!” to Tabs about 10 times already.
We got our Christmas tree yesterday, which he, of course, thinks is for his own personal enrichment.
One of the things he keeps doing is drinking from the water in the tree stand, even though his water bowl is literally 10 feet away.
- Weekly goals:
Just to keep hanging in there and doing my best to bring up the people around me (like you).
Hello, hello my friend!
Quick, while no oneâ€™s watching, letâ€™s shake it out. Shake it out. Shake out any negativity, and focus on a happy thought (might I suggest shirtless Ryan Gosling and/or Jeremy Rennerâ€™s arms?).
Here, have a seat, and fill out the Monday Poll with me. Iâ€™ll be right back with a slice of toast for you with some pumpkin cream cheese on it.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. What was the last time you received a compliment you can credit to a beauty product?
3. Current obessions?
4. Something youâ€™ve been meaning to do but havenâ€™t gotten around to yet?
5. What are some things that make you happy?
6. It’s okay to _______.
7. What’s one thing you always do before leaving the house?
8. What’s something surprising you learned about yourself this year?
9. Tell me something — anything — about your morning so far.
10. Weekly goals:
Look at you! Just a few hours into the week, and youâ€™re already doing a great job. If anything gets you down this week, stop by the blog, and Tabs and I will try to cheer you up.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,