You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.Advertisement
Excellent! I love the holidays, even though it’s technically not even December yet.
- Do you wear workout clothing when you’re aren’t working out?
I didn’t used to, but then I found Zella, which is like Nordstrom’s in-house, less expensive version of Lululemon.
They make some pretty fashionable stretchy pants and shirts. I mean, they still look like workout clothes, sure, but their little design details and colors make it look like you’re at least trying and haven’t completely given up, LOL!
- If you were a pilot, what would be your call sign (like Starbuck, Boomer and Apollo from Battlestar Galactica)?
I’d be 9 Lives, and Tabs would be Big Boy.
Can you imagine Tabs in the cockpit of a fighter jet with his little helmet on?? It would need cutouts for his ears.
Gawd, I’m such a cat lady…
- Are you doing any shopping for Cyber Monday?
I haven’t yet, but if a tube of NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer accidentally falls into my cart during the NARS Friends and Family sale (through Tuesday, get 20% off all orders at narscosmetics.com with code NARSFF2012 at checkout), I wouldn’t take it out.
- What are three things you’re loving in your makeup bag now?
Chanel Le Volume Mascara (life changing, babe!), Laura Mercier Creme
Metallic Eye Colour in Gold and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone.
I’ve been into that wide-eyed, glowing, dewy skin look lately, and these three have been helping me get there.
- Have you done any decorating around the house for the holidays yet?
Not yet, but I can’t wait! I want to get the tree and window lights up by next weekend.
- Do you like it when it snows?
It doesn’t snow here in the Bay Area, but I live within driving distance of places that get a lot of snow every winter and don’t feel the urge to visit those places because of the white stuff…
I’m not really big on being cold and wet.
- Did you Skype anyone over Thanksgiving?
Nope, not this time. I’ve had to in the past because we’d spend the day with either El Hub’s family in Hawaii or my family here. This time, though, both sets of parents came to our house to celebrate. It was nice having everyone under one roof.
- Any plans to go ice skating over the holidays?
Heck, yeah! I may not be into snow, but get me on a pair of skates, and I’m happy as a clam (on skates).
I think I’m that one one annoying person who likes to zip around everyone else at top speed! — because I still haven’t figured out how to stop without running into people or walls.
- Weekly goals:
Be mindful of the time I spend on different tasks (seriously, this is one of my biggest challenges week after week), keep the living room from falling into disarray again after it was all straightened out for Thanksgiving, start my Christmas shopping, and try to not be so fearful of change (I’m going to try getting up earlier in the morning to help with my schedule).
Hello, my friend. Happy Monday!
Okay, kinda random, but you know how I’m a fan of Battlestar Galactica, right? Well, they’ve got this new series of 10-minute webisodes on Youtube right now called Blood & Chrome, which follows a young William Adama, fresh out of flight school, on his first mission in the Cylon War.
I think you’ll like it if you enjoyed the Sci-Fi Channel version of the series that was on a few years ago.
Sorry! Sidetrack over. Let’s get back to the Monday Poll, shall we?
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. Do you wear workout clothing when you’re aren’t working out?
3. If you were a pilot, what would be your call sign (like Starbuck, Boomer and Apollo from Battlestar Galactica)?
4. Are you doing any shopping for Cyber Monday?
5. What are three things you’re loving in your makeup bag now?
6. Have you done any decorating around the house for the holidays yet?
7. Do you like it when it snows?
8. Did you Skype anyone over Thanksgiving?
9. Any plans to go ice skating over the holidays?
10. Weekly goals:
It’s the last week of November, so let’s wrap up the month with a bang!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,