You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
Inspired! Funny (sad?) thing is, I think I feel the way I do right now because of a TV show called Friday Night Lights.
I must have watched 10 episodes last weekend, and they’re an hour long each. I’m already on the fifth and final season (tear!). If you’ve never seen it before, it’s about a small West Texas town and their local high school football team.
I keep wishing that I had my own personal Coach Taylor to hover around my desk and motivate me. He’s the head coach for the team, and he would tell me stuff like, “Listen to me. You’re gonna be the best darn pet assistant in Novato, Karen. You hear me? The best darn one. You keep this up, and I promise you — you’re going all the way to state!” LOL!
- What’s one of your biggest foundation gripes?
Why is it so hard to find a comfortable, full-coverage foundation with a matte finish that perfectly matches my skin tone? Most ones I find are either too beige or too yellow, yargh!
- If you were forced to wear one makeup look every day for a year, what would it be?
Cat eyes, loads of mascara and bright lips, for sure. Classic, easy and it goes with almost everything!
- Name one thing you need to (or should) stop doing?
Staying up late watching Friday Night Lights on TV. My sleep schedule is a mess because of it. It’s been taking me at least an hour to unwind when I finally get to bed around midnight because I’m so fired up from the show.
- Fishnet stockings: love ‘em or leave ‘em?
Love ‘em, but only when the mesh pattern squares or diamonds are small, and when they’re worn with things to tone down the sultriness, like a pair of tough girl Doc Martin boots or a long skirt.
- It’s snack time! Today we’re having a healthy fruit salad. What’s in yours?
Grapes, blueberries, strawberries and Honeycrisp apples.
Please…PLEASE, no honeydew or cantaloupe melon, blech!
- If you could take a two-month class on anything right now, what would it be?
Ooh, that’s tough! I’m kind of a nerd and love taking classes when I can. Right now, I’d take Pilates or a studio lighting class for photography.
- What’s one thing in life you should stop waiting for?
For everything to be perfect, because while you’re waiting, you’ll miss all of the good things right in front of your nose.
- What’s one key to success?
Repetition. Whatever it is you want to do, just keep doing it, and when you get to the point where you feel like you can do it backwards, upside down and in your sleep, do it some more.
- Weekly goals:
First, I need to take care of myself this week. I want to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio daily, get to bed by 11 every night, drink lots of water throughout the day, and be kind and supportive of myself (no negative self-talk whatsoever!).
What’s up, cutie pie? Yup, another Monday, which means we get to hang out again and talk beauty shop.
Here, why don’t you man the keyboard for a minute while I go brew us some tea in the kitchen.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. What’s one of your biggest foundation gripes?
3. If you were forced to wear one makeup look every day for a year, what would it be?
4. Name one thing you need to (or should) stop doing?
5. Fishnet stockings: love ‘em or leave ‘em?
6. It’s snack time! Today we’re having a healthy fruit salad. What’s in yours?
7. If you could take a two-month class on anything right now, what would it be?
8. What’s one thing in life you should stop waiting for?
9. What is one key to success?
10. Weekly goals:
Who knows what great things will happen to you this week? I’m looking forward to finding out.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,