Maybe it’s because the tea hasn’t quite kicked yet, but I’m feeling really mellow. I wanted to get a lot done today, but I think a chill day might be in order.
- If you had to choose between an oversized, multi-colored knitted poncho (with fringe!) or a faux fur purple vest to wear for a day, which one would you go with and why?
I’d go with the poncho, ya know, for practical reasons. Maybe I could use it as a blanket or a table cloth in an emergency.
And I have a feeling the furry purple vest would make me look/feel like a Muppet.
- How quickly can you get dressed, ready and out the door?
Pretend it’s late in the day. You’ve removed your makeup, your contacts, warmed up a Lean Cuisine, and now you’re sitting on the couch in stretchy pants and watching reruns of [INSERT YOUR FAVORITE SYNDICATED TV SHOW].
Just then, the phone rings. It’s your friend, calling with a last-minute invite to a fancy dinner soiree, and it’s an offer you simply can’t refuse.
How quickly can you get dressed, ready and out the door? For me, about 20 minutes — but only if I’m having a decent hair day, and I pick an outfit that doesn’t need to be ironed.
- How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
During the week, about 7. I usually climb in bed around 10:30 and read until I get sleepy, usually around 11. On weekends, I like to sleep in, so maybe 8-10 hours of sleep (sometimes 12 if I’m really lucky and Tabs is feeling generous).
- Does your significant other do anything that drives you crazy?
Okay, sweetie, if you’re reading this, you know I love you, but how do you manage to always step on my feet or kick my legs whenever we sit across from each other at a table (and I know you’re not getting fresh with me)?
It’s like preordained! Every. Single. Time. The worst is when I’m wearing sandals.
- Have you ever battled someone on the dance floor?
Oh, yes. More than once.
- What’s the last book you finished?
Tina Fey’s Bossypants, and I LOL’d about a hundred times reading it, too. Highly recommended!
- What’s the plan for today?
Today is a holiday called Memorial Day here in the U.S., so many of my compatriots have the day off from work. I really wanted to go to the pool in our condo complex (it finally opened for the summer, yay!), but it’s overcast and chilly outside, so that’s not gonna happen.
If I finish the tasks Tabs put on my to-do list, I might try to go to a movie. We’ll see… There’s really not a lot in theaters that I still want to see, but next week things start getting good. First, Snow White and the Huntsman comes out, and then Prometheus the week after that.
- What were your favorite TV shows when you were a kid?
Both of my parents worked long hours, so they were always pretty tired when they got home. Consequently, my brother and I spent a lot of time with our defacto babysitter/primary means of entertainment, Mr. TV.
That thing was practically on 24/7! I watched a lot of Punky Brewster, Silver Spoons (I had the biggest crush on Ricky Schroder), The Cosby Show, Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters, Double Trouble, Mr. Belvedere, Who’s the Boss (“Ahn-juh-luhr!”), The Golden Girls, The Love Boat…
Yeah, I watched a lot of TV.
- Weekly goals:
Just one this week. I gotta get back to exercising regularly. Ever since I started getting up earlier in the day, I’ve been getting more blogging and other stuff done, but my workouts have been suffering. I’ve been telling myself/trying to exercise in the late afternoon, but I’m usually pretty tired by then.
Years ago I would always exercise in the evenings, but now it’s like pulling teeth. I don’t know… I’ve done it before, so I can do it again.
Howdy, friend. Happy Memorial Day.
What have you been up to? Any picnics or parties this weekend? Our little circle had its annual Memorial Day cookout yesterday, but El Hub and I drove up to Napa for the day, so we missed it.
Napa was a lot of fun, though. I’ll put up some pics in a few.
But first, the Monday Poll.
If you had to work today, I hope it’s a good one, whether that means it’s busy or slow. If, on the other hand, you had the day off, well, enjoy it. Do something fun. Downtime is very important.
If you decided to fill out the poll, tell me how things are going at the bottom of your comment.
Talk to you soon.
2. If you had to choose between an oversized, multi-colored knitted poncho (with fringe!) or a faux fur purple vest to wear for a day, which one would you go with and why?
3. How quickly can you get dressed, ready and out the door?
4. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
5. Does your significant other do anything that drives you crazy?
6. Have you ever battled someone on the dance floor?
7. What’s the last book you finished?
8. What’s the plan for today?
9. What were your favorite TV shows when you were a kid?
10. Weekly goals:
Have a marvelous Monday and a great start to your week. It’s almost summer, and things are looking up.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,