- Has a commercial ever brought you to tears?
- Something you’ve lost and would like to get back?
- When was the last time you thanked someone with a kiss?
- Three good things about your life right now?
- What store would you like to see open in your town?
- If you were a type of makeup, what would you be?
- First trip you remember taking on an airplane?
- Three songs that remind you of different times in your life?
- Weekly goals:
To quote Nina Simone, “I’m feeling good,” even though I got a late start. I went for a run this morning (endorphins, yay!), straightened out the papers on my desk and have a husky tabby at my feet. Things could be worse.
Man, that Dolphin Tale commercial had me bawling like a baby the first time I saw it. In my defense, I was totally PMS-ing at the time.
Um, my sanity?
Last night. El Hub made me a cup of Sleepytime tea to drink while we watched Win Win on the couch. Both the movie and the tea were great.
1) I’m healthy, 2) my loved ones are healthy and 3) a DSW Shoe Warehouse just opened in my ‘hood (and it’s only five minutes away!). Yesterday I brought home the boots up at the top (the Fallen boot by Fergie) to reward myself for sticking to my September workout schedule, since the Blowfish Brandi boots I’d originally wanted were out of stock.
Well, I’m pretty happy about the DSW, but a Neiman Marcus or an Ulta would be welcome additions to the area.
Gloss, fo’ sho’! It’s flexible, shiny and sparkly.
I was 11 or 12 at the time on a flight to visit my childhood best friend, whose family had recently moved from next door down to Southern California. About the flight I remember thinking how cool it was that they gave out free nuts and soda.
Another Night, by The Real McCoy, reminds me of my clubbing days with Jen in the late ’90s; Don McLean’s Bye Bye Miss American Pie reminds me of the day I packed up and left for college; Aaliyah’s Are You That Somebody? transports me back to that magical second half of my senior year.
This week I’m lifting my weekly goal from the movie I watched last night, Win Win. “Do whatever it f*cking takes.” LOL!
Mornin’! Can we coffee talk for a moment about shoe heaven, aka DSW? The only other DSW store I’ve ever visited was in San Francisco, and that one was really stressful and overstimulating (crowded, messy, and I could never find a place to sit and try on shoes).
This one’s greater than great though. The aisles are nice and wide, there’s plenty of places to park your bum, and there’s even a Starbuck’s and a video game store (to entertain significant others) next door.
Yeah, I’m in trouble…
2. Has a commercial ever brought you to tears?
3. Something you’ve lost and would like to get back?
4. When was the last time you thanked someone with a kiss?
5. Three good things about your life right now?
6. What store would you like to see open in your town?
7. If you were a type of makeup, what would you be?
8. First trip you remember taking on an airplane?
9. Three songs that remind you of different times in your life?
10. Weekly goals:
Say it with me: great week, great week, great week. No matter what!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,