- How long does it take you to do your hair in the morning?
- Do you have any plans for the holidays?
- What’s one new thing you would like to try this week?
- The first word that comes to mind when I ask, “What’s one thing you love about fall?”
- A piece of makeup you’ve been loving lately?
- Do you wish that you could speak any other languages?
- Shave, pluck or wax?
- Things you’d like to do before the end of the year?
- Weekly goals:
Distracted but otherwise a-okay. The roofers are here doing repairs on our garage (I’m waving at them right now through my office window… “Hi, guys!”), and there’s quite a commotion.
It varies wildly. Anywhere from 2-15 minutes, depending on how cooperative Lloyd Christmas is being (my bangs) and what I’m trying to do with my wavy hair.
If all goes well, then it takes me about five minutes to de-frizz and shape, unless I’m curling or flat ironing, in which case I’m looking at about 15.
And if I just can’t cajole Lloyd and the waves (great name for a band!) into behaving, I’ll slip on a Goody headband and a ponytail holder and call it a day.
Even though I miss having super long hair…I have to say that shorter hair sure has been easier to wear.
Not yet, nope. And to tell you the truth, I’m beginning to fret about it.
Now that El Hub’s parents have moved to California from Hawaii (they’re about a four-hour drive away from us), things are a little more complicated.
When they lived in Hawaii, visits were more cut and dry. We either went to Hawaii or stayed here in the Bay Area, but now with everyone within driving distance, both sides of the family will try to get together, or we’ll be driving back/forth.
I’m thankful that we’re all much closer together, but I haven’t quite figured out the new logistical challenges.
Last week I got a $20 voucher for 20 classes at a local yoga studio (I found the deal on Living Social), and I’d really like to make it to at least one class this week.
Pie! 🙂 Pumpkin, apple, pecan…
I recently rediscovered Tarte Provocateur Pressed Mineral Powder after a long hiatus. Why I ever stopped using it, I have no idea.
It refuses to settle into my fine lines and pores and feels as light as air on my skin. Amazing stuff!
Oh, yes. French, Italian and Spanish, mainly because I would like to eat my way through Spain, Italy and France.
When I’m in a hurry, shaving AND plucking, and waxing when I have an extra hour to kill (I do it myself).
Meet and then maintain my weight-loss goal despite the good eats this time of year, re-organize my entire makeup collection, and plan to take a short trip some place warm in January.
Just one this week. I feel a little off kilter right now, so I just want to make it through the week in one (ideally happy) piece.
Hey, hey, cutie pie. 🙂 I just realized that following today, we only have six Mondays left in 2011.
I know! We’re in single digit territory…
We’re also coming up on our fifth year together, since I started MBB back in February of 2007.
This may sound corny, but I’m always grateful to be able to start the week with your friendship. I’m not kidding. Without you I’d probably go full-on bat sh*t crazy.
Before you jet, do you have a minute to touch base in today’s Monday Poll? I hope you do.
2. How long does it take you to do your hair in the morning?
3. Do you have any plans for the holidays?
4. What’s one new thing you would like to try this week?
5. The first word that comes to mind when I ask, “What’s one thing you love about fall?”
6. A piece of makeup you’ve been loving lately?
7. Do you wish that you could speak any other languages?
8. Shave, pluck or wax?
9. Things you’d like to do before the end of the year?
10. Weekly goals:
I think today’s going to take a turn for the better any minute now. It’s just a matter of time.
You have yourself a good one, okay? Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,