Before I get to my list, can I just say that I’ve actually been in this exact situation several times before…
Uh…maybe I should clarify. I don’t make a habit of spending random nights away from home, but sometimes when I drive out to my parents’ house, which is about an hour away, and it gets late, I just stay the night out there and drive back the next morning.
So I’ll be making this Rite-Aid or Walgreens run at some ridiculous hour in the middle of the night/early morning, and when I do, without fail, there will be an odd character there wandering about who will invariably stop to ask me if I happen know whether the store carries birdseed…and Redbull, to which I’ll smile awkwardly and reply, “Wha?”
Anywho, tangent… Now for that emergency list.
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser — This is a great makeup remover, and it gets my face squeaky clean without stripping every microgram of moisture from my skin or triggering horrible breakouts. I swear, I could go through Breaking Bad-sized industrial chemistry vats of this stuff. I love it that much.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin — Because without mega moisturizing from a product I can trust to get the job done, the perpetually problem dry spots on my cheeks and around my nose go cah-ray-zaaaaay the next morning.
- A toothbrush, toothpaste and floss — I don’t even like to entertain the concept of going to bed without brushing and flossing my teeth. Dude, even back during the height of my clubbing days when I’d get home at obscene o’clock, I’d always brush and floss before bed, because both of my parents have teeth and gum issues, and it made me extra weird about dental hygiene. I don’t know if that’s TMI…but if it is, my bad!
- Gud by Burt’s Bees Red Ruby Groovy Natural Softening Conditioner — This is assuming that my head feels or smells gross. If it does, I like to conditioner wash it with a lightweight, reliable conditioner like this, which always leaves my hair feeling less gross, and smelling like a yummy grapefruit (incidentally, I’m going through a grapefruit phase at the moment).
- Gud by Burt’s Bees Red Ruby Groovy Natural Body Lotion — Yup, dry skin issues again. Always… I’m usually more flexible about my soaps and will just use whatever is around, but then after showering I’ll hydrate the heck out of my bod with something like this. I love the smell (again, grapefruit), it absorbs well, and it moisturizes like WHOA!
Your turn, babe. 🙂 The scenario: you have to make an emergency beauty shopping run at the drugstore for an unexpected overnight stay. What do you pick up?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,