** THE GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED **
This giveaway is closed, and the winner has been contacted (CONGRATULATIONS, FRAN!!!), but check back next Saturday for another giveaway.
Rise and shine, pal o’ mine! What an eventful week… I know I’ve been kind of incomunicado, but I wanted to spend some holiday time with my in-laws, and then yesterday was my first day using my new gestational diabetes gizmo/blood testing thingamabob.
In other words, it was a busy week!
Yup, I was diagnosed with that gestational diabetes stuff. 🙁 It’s pretty common and hopefully temporary. Most of the time it goes away after delivery, but for now I have to prick a finger, test a little drop of blood and log the results in my doctor diary four times per day — once in the morning after getting up, and then once again after each meal.
I mean…it’s not my idea of a party, and I still get anxiety when I have to poke myself with the needle, but you gotta do what you gotta do, ya know? High blood sugar can cause complications later, so if I have to test my blood, watch what I eat even more closely (What!? No more TJ’s dark chocolate stars this year! THE HORROR!) and exercise a little more, it’s done.
In other news…well, I don’t really have any other news. 🙂 Tabs is doing well. He’s almost finished with his Christmas shopping, and he’s been loving life lately because El Hub has been taking him for early morning walks outside while it’s still dark, so he gets to use his cool cat eyes…
Other than that, we’re just chugging along. I hope you are too.
Oh! So much new MAC-ness to talk about, especially new lip products. I’ve been a lip product testing machine! Stay tuned for deets next week.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter by leaving a comment below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- What’s your favorite era of makeup?
- Would you say you’re old fashioned?
- Do you have any new year’s resolutions?
- Something you wish lasted longer?
- Make up a word — any word — and tell me what it means.
- Something you wouldn’t do in a million years?
- One entry per person.
- You must use a valid email address to win.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, December 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time). 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,