Seven Random Things You Didnâ€™t Know about Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog
1. I love all types of music. I hoard mp3s, and have songs that span all genres and eras. I realized last night that I had absolutely no Phil Collins songs in my music library, and for some reason this REALLY REALLY REALLY bothered me. So the first thing I did this morning was download â€œBilly, Donâ€™t You Lose My Number,â€ â€œSususudio,â€ and â€œEasy Lover.â€ I feel a bit more complete now.
For many years the real lyrics to the chorus in the song Invisible Touch (“She seems to have that invisible touch, yeah!”) eluded me.
2. I collect quotes that I like. I keep them in a quote journal and when I need inspiration I flip through the pages and read through them. Here are seven of my favorites:
â€œOnly those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.â€
â€œ You are a warrior, and you are not to turn your back on the battlefield.â€
â€œI tell you one lesson I learned
If you wanna be something in life
You ainâ€™t gonna get it unless
You give a little bit of sacrifice.â€
â€œThere is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. The world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open.”
–Martha Graham in â€œDance to the Piperâ€
This is my favorite picture of Martha Graham. I had it on my bedroom wall for many years.
â€œâ€¦rewriting is the essence of writing.â€
â€œGod has bigger plans for you than you could ever imagine for yourself.â€
â€œLife is terrific.â€
–Random sticker in the laundry room
3. I drink lots of coffee. If I donâ€™t I become very grumpy, especially in the morning.
4. My very first blush purchase was MAC Blushbaby in 2005.
5. I believe everyone should have a theme song! Your theme song can change depending on where you are in life or what you need at the moment. Currently mine is Jay-Z’s “Dirt Off Your Shoulder.”
6. I write travel articles, and if youâ€™ve recently taken a cruise to Hawaii on one of the major cruise lines (Princess, Norweigan Cruise Lines) you mightâ€™ve read the hardcover book in your cabin with different stories on things to do and places to see in Hawaii. Thereâ€™s a high probability of you reading something I wrote!
7. I like buying accessories, especially earrings, bracelets and hats.
A few weeks ago the lovely Joy from Makeup Junkie in Canada tagged me! This game is a fun way to learn random things about your friends in the beauty blogosphere. The gist of it is if youâ€™re tagged you post seven random things about yourself and you tag other bloggers who then post sever random things about themselves.
You mightâ€™ve noticed that I always like to do things a little different here at Makeup and Beauty Blog. So, if you were nice enough to read through the seven random facts above then please leave me seven random facts about yourself in the comments below. I wanna get to know you better!
How has your Monday been so far? My coffee is finally kicking in (yes, it’s 11:00) and I’m starting to feel like all the pistons are firing. YES! I hope you are that you’re lookin’ cute and feeling great on this lovely day!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,