Happy Thanksgiving, love. I know I’ve said it before, but I still can’t believe this is our sixth (!) one together. When they say, “time flies,” girl, they sure aren’t kidding.
I’ve been up for a couple hours already working in the kitchen on the sides for today. There’s a (hopefully yummy) corn casserole baking in the oven at this very moment, and the house smells like nom.
I really wish you were here (but I’d need a much bigger living room). After so many years together — your stories, graduations, new careers, weddings, kittens, puppies, babies and world travels — I feel like you’re my extended family now. Growing up I always wished I had a sister, and now I have them all over the world! Over the years, I’ve come to realize that MBB is so much more than the lipsticks, eyeshadows (Nutella) and collections we talk about.
Alright, before I get too cheeseball on ya, I just wanted to say thanks…
- Thank you for visiting, for all of your comments, your tweets and emails, and for just allowing me to be a small part of your life. It’s a privilege, and I never, ever take that for granted.
- Thank you for sharing your stories (and for those great pics of your pets).
- Thank you for constantly teaching me new things. Now, I know where to kayak if I should ever visit the East Coast. Thanks to you, I also know a lot more about choosing the right dining room table and interior paint.
- Thank you for humoring me and my cat “enthusiasm.”
- Thank you for making this blog an exception to the rule that online comments and forums be plagued by rude, inconsiderate remarks.
- Thank you for affirming my belief that all of us have a great many things in common.
- Thank you for your enthusiasm.
- Thank you for your compassion.
- Thank you for seeing the beauty in mundane things.
- Thank you for putting up with my blabbering about [INSERT HOT MALE CELEBRITY OR TRADER JOE’S PRODUCT HERE].
- Thank you for overlooking my typos and grammatical mistakes, and for forgiving me when I repeat myself (repeat myself, repeat myself).
- Thank you for expanding my view of the world by reminding me just how small it is.
Thank you for just being you.
When I started this whole blogging thing back in 2007, I never expected this — something that would push me creatively and bring me so much joy. You’ve been there for me through a lot of ups and downs, always cheering me on, holding my hand and lifting my spirits when I needed a friend.
I’m so, so thankful for you. Love you very much. Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,